Title: Client Consultant-Group Benefits (East Region)
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-Maryland-Hunt Valley, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-New York-New York, United States-New Jersey-Morristown, United States-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia, United States-New York-Williamsville, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Job Number: 1902747
The Hartford's Group Benefits segment is a market leader in life and disability insurance and an expanding suite of voluntary products and services, providing businesses with the employee benefits solutions necessary to attract and retain top talent. The Hartford sets the standard for helping individuals reclaim their lives in the face of disability or personal crisis.
The Hartford has been a proud sponsor of athletes with disabilities since 1994, becoming a founding partner of U.S. Paralympics, a division of the U.S. Olympic Committee, in 2003.
The Client Consultant will support a group of Client Relationship Manager's (CRM) with cases in their existing Regional/National (500 lives) accounts by effectively addressing customer inquiries, implementing processes and resolving customer issues. In conjunction with the CRM roles, educates customers on plan administration and processes.
Interacts with internal and external customers (where appropriate), attending regular customer calls, addresses day-to-day service, relationship and general administrative needs/tasks.
- Maintains all areas of the customer-specific records in the appropriate systems with particular focus on Salesforce (e.g. Customer Strategy, Retention Risk, Complexity Analysis and TPA Information). In partnership with the CRM roles, maintains all appropriate case correspondence and relevant account management information, per the Document Management guidelines.
- Responsible for timely add issue forecasting in Salesforce.com and ongoing adjustments to the forecast; responsible for submission of the production credit event and for monitoring Underwriting sign-off.
- Actively supports the renewal process in collaboration with the CRM roles.
- Actively supports the CRM roles with our customer's enrollment and consumer education needs, utilizing the tools and systems available; partners with Enrollment team as needed.
- Manages performance guarantee data gathering, reconciliation and customer reporting.
- Communicates to appropriate internal disciplines (Claims, Billing, Underwriting, Reporting, Compliance, Product Delivery) ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Develops administration materials for customer, trains the customer on Employer View, reporting and other plan administration processes.
- Assists CRM roles with customer reporting needs by initiating report setup, maintaining report distribution and issue resolution.
- Participates in preparation for and potentially attends customer / producer meetings and presentations.
- Participates in projects representing Relationship Management, effectively assessing and communicating business impacts.
- College degree or equivalent work.
- As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain the Group Life Health license and Group Benefits Disability Specialist.
- Knowledge of employee benefits products; cursory knowledge of customer financials and group experience.
- Understands organizational processes, methods and systems; solid working knowledge of products, and operational parameters.
- Proficient with widely utilized Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint; effective writing and communication skills.
- Takes Ownership - Takes immediate and independent action, suggests improvements, sets high standards and works hard to achieve them.
- Customer & market segment orientation - conveys a commitment to providing responsive customer service and relationship engagement in support of CRM roles.
- Demonstrates effective team relationships across organizational lines. Collaborates with other members of the organization to deliver results and communicate customer needs.
- Demonstrates customer / audience "empathy" and understanding.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and due dates, prioritizing projects as necessary.
Job: National Accounts
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other LocationsUnited States-Maryland-Hunt Valley, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-New York-New York, United States-New Jersey-Morristown, United States-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia, United States-New York-Williamsville, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Education LevelBachelor's Degree (16 years)
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
PostingOct 29, 2019, 10:52:55 AM
Remote Worker OptionYes
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.