Title: Call Center Customer Service
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1902111
Are you looking for a career where you can apply your experience to meaningful work? Do you like being surrounded and supported by people with a passion like yours? Would you like to work for a company whose core mission is to help individuals and businesses succeed? Well, then you've found the right fit.
The Hartford is truly a place where your passions have purpose.
With a detailed roadmap for learning opportunities and managers who are trained to coach, you're equipped with the right tools to build a fulfilling career at The Hartford. And through a dynamic work environment that encourages collaboration and creative thinking, you'll find plenty of unique opportunities for personal achievement.
Our Customer Service Representatives focus on building rapport and maintaining positive relationships with existing customers to understand their individual needs, personalize a solution of value, and ensure a memorable customer experience. In this position you'll support our company business development strategy. These are inbound calls from existing customers only , which means there is no cold calling required . The Hartford will provide you with 12 weeks of paid training, as well as ongoing coaching and development to ensure your success
- Location: 1 Griffin Road North, Windsor, CT 06095
- Start Date: October 21st, 2019
- Training Hours: Monday-Friday 10:30am to 7:00pm
- Post Training Hours: Monday-Friday 10:30am to 7:00pm and Every Other Saturday 9:30am to 6:00pm Once you start working every other Saturday, you will receive Thursday off during the week.
- Manage an average of 60 to 80 calls per day with a high degree of professionalism and the desire to succeed.
- Utilize active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need, and then leverage knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions.
- Take ownership to ensure that we go above and beyond to service each caller's needs, utilizing every touch point as an opportunity to build value and The Hartford brand.
- Commit to learning and developing, including a better understanding of products and business lines of The Hartford.
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance.
- The salary for this position is $34,000 - $36,000 annually ($16.35 - $17.31 an hour) during training.
- A 5% shift differential will be given after training, once you start working every other Saturday.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 152 hours of paid time off in your first year
- Employee Assistance Program, including child/eldercare, financial and estate planning services, counseling services, etc.
- Wellness program, including gym membership reimbursement
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance
- Excellent growth potential
- And much more!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have a demonstrated background in customer service, insurance, retail, sales or a related field.
- You have excellent communication skills including articulation and persuasion.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, navigate multiple programs and effectively use on-line resources to complete customers' requests.
- You're a high achiever with the ability to self-manage and demonstrate personable accountability, as well as effective collaboration in a team environment.
- You have strong customer service skills with a focus on delivering high customer value.
- Add NoReply.Talent@TheHartford.com to your contacts to avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam.
The company is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in the workplace and inclusive behaviors in our employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job: Customer Service Star
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job LevelEntry Level
Education LevelHigh School Diploma/GED (11 years)
PostingAug 16, 2019, 1:25:27 PM
Remote Worker OptionNo
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.