The Hartford is a leading group life and disability insurer with a $6 billion book of business that serves Fortune 500 companies as well as middle, regional and small business clients. We also offer an expanding suite of voluntary products and services as well as accident and health offerings to provide businesses with the employee benefits solutions necessary to attract and retain top talent. Our focus is on the customer experience and we consistently invest in our people, processes and technology to ensure we deliver market-leading capabilities. And at the core of what we do is help individuals when they need it most, consistent with our belief that by focusing on people's abilities - and not their perceived limitations - we can help them return to active, productive lives following an illness or injury.
The successful candidate will work with independent producers and brokers to develop strong relationships and profitable business within the 4 to 49 employee segment of the group benefits market. As The Hartford looks to grow our Group Benefits small employer business segment, we're continuing to make investments in our Small Business Center and adding dedicated Small Business Sales Executives. Sales Executives in the Group Benefits Small Business Center will operate telephonically and using virtual tools such as web meetings with production partners. The Sales Executive will be responsible for the building and execution of a Territory Sales Plan which aggressively grows customer base and achieves profit targets for The Hartford's group life, group short term disability, and group long term disability lines of business.
This will be accomplished through:
- Conducting high volumes of quality sales calls with targeted production partners over the phone
- Establishing a sales call continuum where sales topics are generated from prior sales calls and executed with a set agenda designed to achieve specific outcomes
- Creating demand and excitement for The Hartford products and services offered for small businesses
- Educating partner producers and brokers on The Hartford group benefits small business products and services
- Maintaining a disciplined operating routine and sales process designed to ensure consistent execution of highly effective sales practices
- Developing an acute understanding of an assigned territory, including identifying a hierarchy of targeted producers and leveraging those relationships to attain territory financial goals.
- Effectively building relationships over the telephone
- Understanding the group benefits market landscape and competitive positioning to create innovative ways to leverage The Hartford value proposition
- Align The Hartford strategies with supporting initiatives, tools and resources to aggressively grow market share and in force premium of the Sales Executive's assigned territory
- Developing and maintaining an effective pipeline of business opportunities to quote
- Establishing an adequate day to day flow of cases to meet company and agency growth objectives
- Effectively managing multiple initiatives, projects, and tasks focused on creating desired outcomes in the territory
- 4 years of experience in the insurance industry desired. Preferably with group benefits, commercial, or Agency experience.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred
Exceptional sales and negotiation skills, preferably in a business to business capacity
Ability to conduct high volumes of virtual sales calls
Inside sales experience or demonstrated ability to be a high performer in a telephonic environment
Proven track record of developing strong business relationships
Ability to influence decision making with key partners and closing skills
Advanced insurance market and product knowledge
Strong interpersonal skills and customer focused