This role is part of The Hartford's Small Commercial Sales Performance Support Team and is designed to prospect and recruit independent agencies to increase agency distribution in key local markets across the country in support small commercial growth goals. As well as grow an assigned territory of "Level 1" agents to meet sales goals.
- In this role you will engage telephonically agency principals and sell them on the benefits of a Hartford appointment by articulating The Hartford's value proposition to create demand.
- Success will be measured by the ability to meet or exceed sales objectives for your designated territory by utilizing the following: building strong agency relationships, rollout of new products, adherence to mix of business, focus on renewal retention, productive new appointments, promoting technology solutions and leveraging total compensation
- Minimal travel required to Charlotte for team meetings.
Recruit New Appointments (60%):
- Work with agencies and brokers to recruit new independent agencies for the Hartford to meet or exceed sales objectives in a dedicated sales territory.
- Through telephone contact, and other electronic communications, uses a consultative sales approach in understanding agencies short and long-term objectives, and provides solutions to meet the identified needs for successful partnership. Effectively assesses customer needs and networks with the appropriate resources.
- Builds long-term relationships with critical partners to assist them in achieving the sales objectives of their territories and provide updates on recruiting efforts/ plan achievement.
- Assess where prospects are need by conducting research and ongoing sourcing activities to identify new appointments, analyzes prospect agency characteristics to make recommendations to sales partners.
- Uses direct sourcing techniques such as database mining, networking with field management and sales reps and other referral internal and external referral sources.
- Stays current on industry trends that impact training and recruitment decisions.
Manage a Sales Territory of "Level 1" New Appointments (30%):
- Through telephone contact with agents, meet or exceed sales objectives for your designated territory by utilizing the following: building strong agency relationships, adherence to mix of business, focus on renewal retention, promoting technology solutions and leveraging earning into a full appointment and total compensation
- Effectively pipelines for new business growth within assigned territory
- Effectively communicates business desirability of Hartford products and services.
Sales/ Territory Leadership Practices (10%):
- Ability to proactively consult with Sales Leaders in your assigned territory to develop and execute on new appointment growth strategies. This will require your leadership on all areas of the process: status updates calls, reporting and excellent communication.
- Effectively balance quality, timeliness and productivity standards.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily work activities to impact sales results.
- Organized and maintains an effective pending/diary/follow-up system for sales pipeline.
- Demonstrates excellent working relationships with all team members, business associates, including agents, internal & external customers, underwriting and service center staff.
- Leverages relationships to uncover new business and renewal retention opportunities and develops long-term strategic business partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years work-related experience. Prior sales experience with a proven track record of success preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, high detail, and sensitive goals with a team-focused attitude.
- Self-Motivated, Driven for Results, and effective Time Management
- Ability to analyze data and set/execute the strategy.
- Ability to have difficult conversations with our prospective agency partners.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age