The Hartford's Claims IT team is seeking a highly motivated Test Environment Engineer. This position involves supporting one of the highest profile, complex applications at The Hartford. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate aptitude in application and web server technology, a variety of interface technologies with solid background in standing up new/managing existing environments while executing on a strategic technical vision.
- Build, configure, upgrade, and maintain application test environments and deploy and configure applications and/or application changes in compliance with software development life cycle (SDLC) procedures.
- Collaborate with maintenance and project teams to plan, perform, and maintain routine application and product modifications, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Demonstrate environment management expertise to assist teams in environment solutions.
- Troubleshoot, facilitate collaboration and resolve test environment issues.
- Leverage and investigate tools for automation of deployment, administration and monitoring of test environments.
- Function as a technical generalist own responsibility for the overall health and performance of the test environments.
- Plans and coordinates with on & offshore staff as well as various enterprise operations teams with any upcoming changes in but not limited to software versions, security certificates, interface queues or end points.
- Creates updates and maintains environment and deployment documentation.
- Supports various test environment integration technologies and overall health of those environment interfaces.
- 3 plus years of experience App Server configuration (JBOSS) or similar application architecture is required.
3 plus years of experience with JMS/MQ/WMB/IIB, DataPower or other SOA tools.
1 plus years of experience with enterprise database technologies (Oracle/SQL).
1 plus years of experience in Source Code Management is required (SVN, GIT).
1 plus years of experience of supporting Java & OOPS applications.
Must possess critical and analytical thinking skills, ability to effectively problem solve and develop in a fast learning curve, strong attention to detail and planning skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum of 5 years of IT experience with the software development life cycle.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional ...