*** This posting is not a current vacancy- it is a posting to allow applicants the opportunity to express interest for future consideration for an experienced Commercial Auto/Trucking claim handler to join its Global Specialty Claim Team.
- Handle all aspects of litigated and non-litigated commercial auto claims relating to bodily injury and property damage. Includes oversight of recovery actions and deductible recovery, as appropriate.
- Interface and interact with insureds, senior claim management, underwriters, and insurance brokers.
- Investigate claims, evaluate coverage and set reserves. Communicate coverage positions to insureds and draft coverage position letters, as appropriate.
- Act promptly to strategize and resolve claims in a proactive and creative manner using strong technical skills.
- Retain independent counsel, as necessary, while still maintaining full ownership and responsibility for the file.
- Work with counsel and mediators to negotiate fair resolutions among all parties, including other carriers in multi-party litigations.
- Document claim file appropriately.
- Work in close partnership with our underwriting, actuarial and finance teams to identify severity drivers, industry trends and jurisdictional developments that potentially impact business results.
- State adjuster license(s) required.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing is a must.
- 10 years of experience adjusting complex Commercial Auto insurance claims, including PIP claims and truck exposures.
- Experience must include managing claim litigation and a demonstrated ability to apply Commercial Auto policy terms and conditions to claim-specific issues.
- Knowledge of insurance legal concepts, principles and regulatory requirements, by state, is required.
- Knowledge of computer software products such as Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use on-line claim systems are required.
- Customer service focus is required.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, is required.
- Travel is required to attend mediations and settlement conferences. This position is open to all locations and could be a remote work opportunity.
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age