Job Description: Senior Account Manager
The Senior Account Manager serves as the primary liaison between The Harrison Group and assigned administration clients for whom we administer their pre-tax benefit plans including Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangements and Health Savings Accounts. In this role, the Senior Account Manager will be relied upon for insight and broad knowledge of all aspects of pre-tax employee benefit offerings while providing exceptional customer service. The candidate will have experience and knowledge of all phases of pre-tax benefit plans, including POP, FSA, HAS, HRA & Commuter. He or she will need to effectively establish, maintain, and manage client relationships at the employer and participant levels. He or she must have excellent communication skills, be client-focused, with an understanding of benefits being a plus. He or she will also oversee Account Management Associates within the department.
This position also supports the internal department operations through external communications, reports and documentation, claims processing and payments, while also delivering customer service to both client and plan participants by answering questions and providing education on how participants may access their benefits. The Senior Account Manager also provides training support to other team members including Account Management Associates and provides mentorship to new employees. This position may oversee other Account Managers on all duties ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively managing and anticipating the day to day needs of clients through regular phone contact.
· Fields questions and requests from clients and participants and handles them in a timely manner.
· Assists in new client implementation and assists in adding lines of services to pre-existing groups.
· Provides support for claims related questions from clients, employees, and brokers and is first point of contact for any claim processing issues related to the claim processing system.
· Responsible for processing claims in a timely manner.
· Verify information included in claims to ensure accurate processing.
· Responsible for denying claims if necessary and notifying the client/employee.
· Assist in payment processing/claim reimbursement.
· Process information for clients to ensure accurate reports.
· Prepare debit cards for new clients, employees, or brokers, as needed.
· Work with brokers to communicate medical plan information to client/employees.
· Utilize claims processing system to effectively and efficiently process claims.
· Provide training support to new account management associates and other team members
· Provide oversight to account management team and be a liaison between account management team and Vice President
· Elevate issues to Vice President as needed.
· Update Vice President regularly on the above responsibilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
· Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to problem solve, escalate as needed and meet established deadlines
· Strong organizational, self-management and follow-up skill set
· Ability to identify, solve and take ownership of issues
· Ability to interact with all stakeholders on behalf of clients and command high level of performance
· Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
· Ability to research medical plans to obtain necessary in formation.
· Ability to analyze financial information.
· Knowledge of major medical health plans.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Excellent organization skills.
· Excellent public speaking, writing and customer service skills.
· Ability to keep all employee/medical information strictly confidential.
· Ability to interact with outside vendors when necessary.
· Bachelor's degree in Business/Health Administration, or related field a plus.
· 5+ years experience in benefits management, customer service or accounting related field is preferred.
· A qualified candidate will understand that our business objective is to provide personalized customer service. Growth and experience will determine level of responsibilities and duties assigned.
Position Type and Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm, or as otherwise assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
This job may require up to 20% travel to client’s work place for enrollment and informational meetings, and is primarily local during the business day.
Disclaimer: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.