Diesel Mechanic Technician
Diesel Mechanic Job Description
The Halter Group (www.thehaltergroup.com) - Join one of the fastest growing companies.
Established in 1982 as a father/son residential business, The Halter Group has since evolved into one of the fastest growing Utility Line Clearance companies in the area, providing comprehensive services to our clients.
As a full-time utility contractor, The Halter Group performs tree pruning and removals, right of way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, emergency storm work and disaster recovery.
We are currently seeking a full time Diesel Mechanic. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
Diesel mechanics complete inspection, maintenance and repairs on trucks, trailers, forklifts, pickups, and other heavy-duty vehicles. As technicians,
- Service, inspect, repair, and track important systems and components such as diesel engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, cooling systems, steering systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Conduct routine maintenance on heavy-duty diesel engines, tractors, tree service equipment and standard equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and high-level mechanical aptitude. Must be able to prioritize work orders/repairs according to importance.
- Maintain all safety aspects of the job and ensure their mechanics are compliant with established safety protocol.
- Willing to work overtime, equipment may need to be serviced/repaired during off hours.
- Consult with field employees, read work orders, and determine the work required before beginning repairs. Maintaining proper service records on work completed, including the use of a fleet maintenance software program.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to improve engine efficiency and diagnose mechanical problems and be able to process critical thinking skills to troubleshoot the problem and derive at a solution
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Diesel automotive repair - diagnose, repair, overhaul large, equipment while on the job.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems is critical.
- Excellent oral and written skills are necessary for reading technical manuals, writing reports, and providing support to the crews in the field.
- High level of customer service focusing on maintenance communication, providing preventative maintenance training to the field staff.
- Physical requirements, such as lifting over 50 pounds, bending, twisting, squatting, fine motor skills, working in the heat and cold (non-climate controlled) setting.
- High school diploma required, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in automotive/diesel services.
- Associates degree or certification in diesel technology is preferred.
- Due to the increasing complexity, continued education needs to be demonstrated
- Must be able to perform duties on shifts throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day.
- Must be available for emergency callout including holidays and weekends or work call outs.
- Must pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Record Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver's license, CDL is preferred but not required.
- Must pass a mandatory drug test.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
The Halter Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Halter GroupEvansville, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.