- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Here at Heavy Seas, quality is the highest priority in every one of our endeavors. All our beers are subjected to rigorous analysis to ensure their integrity. Today, Heavy Seas produces 18 different beer styles and distributes them in 17 states. Heavy Seas has become one of the most respected and award-winning craft breweries on the East Coast.
This leadership role within our marketing team is charged with ensuring Heavy Seas beer and beverage business grows every day. This position is based out of Baltimore, MD and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. This position works closely with the entire marketing department and frequently collaborates with the sales and production teams. The Brand Manager is ultimately responsible for driving buzz and bringing consumers into the brand. They must have excellent communication skills and willingness to drive a 360 approach across the department while personally owning the execution across key focus areas such as Marketing Innovation, Project Management, events and sponsorships, brand activations, POS management and graphics support.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has a passion for craft beer, beverages, and community
- To succeed in this role, one must have an unrelenting drive, an eye for detail, a desire to win and a good sense of humor
- Has superior organization skills, and a passion for continued improvement of creative and planning processes
- Think differently, goes above and beyond and constantly strives to improve
- Strong resourcefulness and solution-driven attitude toward creative and logistic challenges
- Thrives straddling big picture, creative ideation, and in-the-weeds execution
Key Focus Areas
- Collaborate with our social media content developers and brand ambassadors to optimize overall social media efforts, to increase brand awareness with distributors, retailers, and consumer and to activate influencers to drive positive brand buzz/recommendation.
- Assist in developing creative and innovative approaches to market / sell company brands to our distributors, retailers, and core customers in addition to new customers.
- Manage and develop innovative company sponsorships to increase awareness, brand activation and sales.
- Track and analyze competitive activities (including product offerings, promotions, POS, distributor programs etc.), reporting quarterly on their initiatives.
- Team with internal beverage development team and internal and external designers to create a pipeline of best-in-class new product innovation.
- The brand manager is responsible for management of all key brand initiatives tracked through weekly or monthly status meetings. The BM will lead the weekly status meeting review and work across all project team members to ensure initiatives are delivered on time and with excellence.
- Pursues ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Assist in managing the marketing budget as it relates to digital media spending, traditional advertising, festival sponsorships, public relations, out-of-house graphic design, etc.
- Manages and coordinates all non-retail related events including beer festivals, beer competitions, community engagement, press related samplings, trade shows, conventions, etc.
- Oversees community partnerships, seeking out opportunities rather than waiting to be approached.
- Collaborates with taproom and brewing team to develop the monthly taproom release schedule.
- Assists taproom management as needed with any top-level marketing plans and activities.
- Be involved in overall strategy discussion regarding portfolio or product availability changes.
Marketing Communications & Creativity
- Assist the CMO in developing and executing through-the-line marketing programs and advertising campaigns.
- Manage the creative development process with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Liaise with CEO, CMO and sales stakeholders to drive retail performance in key markets.
Brand Strategy & Consumer Understanding
- Assist in the development of brand strategy and marketing plans, including inputs for annual planning process.
- Work with Innovation and R&D to develop LTO offerings, including packaging, when applicable.
Business Management & Commercial Fluency
- Collaborate with the management team across various departments to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the goals of the taproom as well as sales.
- Manage brand budget, including PO and invoice processing as well as tracking and forecasting.
- Work with Finance to maintain accuracy of budget and expenditures to meet financial expectations.
- Collaborate with CMO & Sales Operations to create product sell stories, retail tools and distributor engagement tactics.
- Implement a full 360 Marketing campaign for Heavy Seas Beer as developed by CMO & marketing team, assist CMO in managing all agency & brand partnerships, creative briefings, creative development, and Go-To-Market launch plans.
Credentials and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communication
- Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably brand development or marketing experience
- Beer sales knowledge and experience a plus
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business, customers, and consumers to bring new ideas to the company
- Passionate, self-starter who works with energy and enthusiasm and stays focused when faced with change, obstacles, and setbacks
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Executes with clarity of direction, discipline, and sense of urgency to get things done
- Action and results oriented
- Considers diverse perspectives when faced with complex problems
- Strategy minded with a priority on KPIs
Capacity to lift to 50 lbs. Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity required to operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard.
The work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise - office with printers and computers; loud noise - factory or manufacturing space)
Heavy Seas offers a fun working environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer great benefits as well as paid time off.
Land Your Dream Job! Come work for Heavy Seas! What are you waiting for?
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Heavy Seas Beer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The HR Team
BusinessView all jobs at The HR Team
Get fresh Sea Merchants jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.