- Expired: December 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
A&L Foods, Inc., an industry leader in regional and national food distribution, is seeking a talented Associate Buyer to join our team in the Bensalem, PA location. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, A&L Foods is a great place to grow your career.
The Associate Buyer will help facilitate all functions of the purchasing department, ranging from negotiating, sourcing suppliers, maintaining proper inventory levels and other duties as assigned by management. Will work closely with other departments to achieve the goals of the company.
- Perform daily purchasing activities for the Bensalem, PA warehouse.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers by resolving problems with invoicing, product, delivery, order status, changes, cancellations, or price changes.
- Keep sales and warehouse team updated.
- Issue debit memos to suppliers on changes resulting from returned / rejected material.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that all required items are ordered in a timely manner.
- Maintain established service levels for product in-stock.
- Reviewing of supplier invoices and handling any discrepancies. If no discrepancies, approving invoice and submitting to Accounting Dept.
- Works with suppliers to establish pricing, schedules, and problem resolutions.
- Ensures purchasing documents are complete and accurate.
- Help to process monthly and quarterly invoices.
- Maintains pricing records in Business Central, Excel and other systems.
- Performs any duty assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional overtime /weekends are required sometimes.
- The ideal candidate must have exceptional organizational skills, logistics knowledge, analytical problem solving, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication, cost consciousness and motivation.
- 3+ years' work experience in Buying or a related field.
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in forecasting, managing inventories and price negotiation with vendors.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast environment, constantly meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results.
- Must be able to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software. Other computer knowledge (especially MS office suite and Excel.
- Must be detail oriented with good follow up skills.
- Willingness and ability to take on increased challenges and responsibilities.
- Customer service mindset/background as you will be tasked with answering phone calls and entering in orders.
Why join A&L Foods?
A&L is closely monitoring COVID-19 and is taking appropriate safety precautions to protect the workplace. We have been in business since 1938 and have been serving the major metropolitan areas on the East Coast with dry, frozen, and refrigerated retail and institutional specialty groceries. We are a unique specialty food distributor servicing national and regional chain stores, large institutional accounts, independent grocers, specialty/ gourmet stores, delis, restaurants, nursing homes, hospitals, and schools. A&L Foods remains one of the last local family owned and operated food distribution companies in the country. Now in our third generation, A&L Foods remains committed to our customers.
Apply today to join a team dedicated to service and superior product knowledge!
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid time off, 6 paid Federal holidays plus up to 13 Jewish holidays, medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) Plan with company match, and employee assistance program.
Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 based on experience.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, and resume for consideration.
Phone calls and emails regarding this job posting are not accepted.
A&L Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The HR Team
BusinessView all jobs at The HR Team
Get fresh Food Service Buyer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.