Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Expired: January 06, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Alliance Center exists to solve systemic problems. We are explorers and innovators-working at the leading edge of regeneration to support a healthy planet, a strong democracy, and a thriving economy. We create solutions through the strength of partnerships. We mobilize our diverse network to accelerate solutions at the intersection of environment, community, and economy through the Regenerative Recovery Coalition and our collaborative working and event space.
The Coalition represents 390 members across the state from government, academic, for profit, nonprofit, philanthropists, media and community leaders. The coalition works to advance solutions for a regenerative society. While it is based in Colorado at this time, the work of the coalition is designed to scale nationally in the years ahead. As the coalition grows nationally it will remain headquartered in The Alliance Center, a LEED Platinum and WELL Health Safety Rated collaborative working and event space.
The Alliance Center is a 40,000-square-foot, green building- a demonstration site for sustainability in action. It is also a coworking and event space, home to many of the state's leading nonprofits focusing on social, economic and environmental wellbeing. We use our award-winning building as a Living Lab, demonstrating sustainability in action and testing innovative green building practices to improve sustainability in the building sector and the wellness of building occupants. We continuously lead by example to model the sustainable world we are working so hard to create.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) serves as a senior staff member at will of The Alliance Center. The Chief Operating Officer provides leadership and strategic vision, and leads operational, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures, and operation controls. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for daily operations management, including strategic planning, staff operations, human resources, financial resources, and support for the Board of Directors. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for overseeing the creation, implementation and improvement of processes that enhance collaboration and efficiency between and across teams. The COO acts as a second in command and works closely with the Executive Director to advance the mission of the organization.
- Manage day-to-day operations and advise the Executive Director on those operations, including general staff operations and oversight of customer relations software.
- Provide support to the Executive Director for Board of Directors reporting, meeting logistics, and other functions.
- Staff lead of the Governance and Finance Committees of the Board and, specifically, in support of the Treasure and Vice Chair of the Board.
- Supervises the Office Manager and fractional CFO as well as a contracted accounting firm
- Build strategies for developing talent at all levels and coaching organizational leaders.
- Develop, implement, oversee, and maintain human resources strategies, policies and procedures in compliance with applicable rules and regulations and current industry best practices.
- Manage employee relations including recruiting, performance management, reviews, training, compensation, grievances, and separations.
- Cultivate a company culture that supports The Alliance Center's purpose, vision and mission.
- Collaborate with outside counsel on human resources issues.
- Mentor, guide, train, and develop staff members empowering collaborative and independent work-through coaching, coordination, and support.
Internal Systems Management
- Manage database integrity for all operations software including but not limited to: Sales Force, bill.com, tallie, box.com, etc.
- Monitor current projects including reporting status and progress updates and identify areas requiring action for accurate and timely data and reporting.
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- When the ED is not available, represent the Alliance with the media and external constituency groups including community and private organizations to build support for the organization's mission.
- Provide oversight of the annual operational budget, manage operations within the budget, report on progress made, and challenges encountered.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and external accounting firm, oversee the continued financial viability of the Alliance's operational units through sound fiscal management.
- 4-year degree required in Organizational Leadership, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in business operations
- 5+ years of experience in leadership role specifically leading and mentoring a team of professionals and project/change management.
- Strongly preferred 5+ years of experience in Human Resources management, and finance and strategy ; or any equivalent combination of experience, lived experience, and/or special skills.
- Proven ability to manage project personnel and contractors to achieve objectives and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to function autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Recognized organizational, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally to a wide range of audiences, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize work and tasks.
- Adaptability to produce and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-task and changing environment, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have outstanding negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive information with diplomatic savvy.
- Must be an exceptional collaborator, problem solver and leader in developing and executing new strategies to position the Alliance as a recognized innovator and leader in its field.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Box.com, and Salesforce.
- Experience applying an equitable analysis to all duties to achieve organizational goals and demonstrate the Alliance commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and anti-racism.
- Sophisticated emotional intelligence and resiliency skills to lead and/or actively participate in advancing the organization's work relative to racial, social, and economic justice.
- Preferred: Inquisitive mind and quick learner; curious about how things operate.
- Preferred: Ability to work independently while keeping the Executive Director informed of status, obstacles, and issues.
- Preferred: Experience with automated Human Resources and other digital platforms.
COMPENSATION RANGE:$100,000 - $130,000
WORK LOCATION:Hybrid ; Denver, CO
- Simple IRA -3% match of compensation (eligible January1 of the following year)
- Health Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Dental Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Life Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Vacation Pay (available after three months of employment; 15 days through three full years; 20 days after three years of employment)
- Sick Pay (maximum of 10 days per year)
- Holiday Pay (14 days -New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and December 26-December 31)
- RTD EcoPass (currently not enrolled due to RTD's Covid updates)
- Paid Parental Leave (twelve weeks, available after twelve months consecutive employment)
The HR Shop
Get fresh Chief Operating jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.