- Expired: November 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
HALO is the leading humanitarian mine clearance organisation globally, addressing the impact and drivers of conflict in 25+ countries and territories, and over 9,500 staff. Most of our staff are local employees and include a growing number of women. Our primary expertise is serving people affected by conflict, clearing landmines and the explosive remnants of war that threaten lives and livelihoods long after fighting has finished.
About this role
HALO Trust USA are recruiting for a Marketing Associate to lead digital marketing content and activity that delivers exceptional experiences and inspires global investments for HNW and UHNW partners in the US. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing marketing plans for philanthropy in order to attract potential U/HNW and retain existing ones, in collaboration with the communications and digital marketing lead for HALO global.
As part of HALO USA, this role will play a critical role in aligning creative direction with HALO's strategic goals, working closely with the communications and digital marketing lead for HALO global.
- Oversee HALO USA marketing plan and suite of collateral for private partners, philanthropy, etc. and manage and coordinate marketing and creative content
- Develop strategies for cultivation and stewardship of high- net worth individuals, corporate accounts, VIP guests at private events, travel, private meetings, briefings, etc.
- Lead market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services
- Ensure HALO USA is communicating the right messaging to attract prospective high-value donors, corporate accounts, and ambassadors, and retain existing ones
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation efforts to build relationships with a range of celebrity and influencer talent and partners in the live streaming and gaming space
- Works closely with corporate and high-value accounts managers in brand, marketing, and digital content to meet key business objectives
- Implements the strategy for engaging and stewarding celebrity talent and entertainment properties in support of the broader HALO marketing goals and objectives
- Identify areas where celebrity talent or branded entertainment can add competitive advantage and help HALO achieve fundraising, awareness, or another line of business goals
- Work with celebrities and media properties to develop PSAs on behalf of HALO
- Develop audience segmentation strategies and use analytic tools to gather data insights. These insights from signature campaigns (advocacy or private philanthropy) serve as key performance indicators (KPIs) in the long-term process of optimizing marketing strategy
- Identify and monitor trends in the data generated by campaigns for the broad HALO audiences, as well as smaller audience segments, to evaluate progress towards desired fundraising and engagement outcomes
- Develop plans and ideas to improve brand marketing and exposure
- Collaborate with HALO UK and the communications and marketing team regularly
- Update senior leadership on the progress of marketing activities and reports on the results of the marketing program and key campaigns
- Brainstorm ideas for new campaigns and produce effective strategies
- Collaborate with media organizations and advertising agencies, external agencies, consultants, and/or contractors, as needed
Essential Skills and Qualities
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing position with luxury accounts, or large national or international organizations
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication
- Strong working knowledge of performance marketing
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Ability to coordinate department efforts, provide overviews to communications and marketing staff, and work in a high-pressure environment marked by short deadlines
- Well-versed in SEO and the latest techniques with proven results
- Extremely comfortable with digital tools (SEMrush, GA, Facebook Business Manager, AdWords etc, and WordPress)
- Problem solver and solution provider and excellence in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with staff and colleagues in different cultural environments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to demonstrate tact, sophistication, and gravitas
- A commitment to HALO's mission and objectives
- Strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate HALO's various programs and strategies in a compelling way
- Tenacious, self-starting, and able to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial context
- Collaborative, team player, with a good sense of humour and a low-ego
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Deep understanding of high-net-worth and ultra-high net worth clients todevelop, execute, and optimize Marketing strategies across the marketing mix
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry, key players, and best practices for engaging celebrities, talent management, and foundations, and other external parties
All HALO staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
Work within the framework of HALO's core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
Work towards achieving programme and/or group business plan objectives
Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all HALO policies and procedures and keep informed of HALO activities.
Travel within the US and overseas as and when required.
This job description is intended to summarise the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All HALO staff are expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
This role requires the Right to Work in the USA. Please do not submit an application, unless you have this. Proof of the Right to Work in the US will be requested.
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a one page cover letter and your C.V. (no more than two pages) no later than 21st October 2022. We reserve the right to amend the closing date.
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience. Other terms and conditions will be discussed at interview.
The location of this role is flexible, but for permanent roles, there is a requirement for regular attendance at HALO's office in DC
The HALO Trust USA employee benefits for full-time employees include:
Vacation Time: 25 days (5 weeks) paid vacation (PTO) accrued at 16.667 hours per month.
Sick Leave: 5 days (1 week) paid Sick-Leave. Sick Leave cannot be 'carried-over' to the next year.
Holidays: HALO USA observes all USA Federal holidays.
Savings Plan: A 401(k) retirement savings plan is offered to our employees, but managed entirely through our Payroll provider, Insperity. HALO USA will 'match' up to 5% of an employee's contributed monthly savings to their 401(k) account.
The HALO Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. The organization is committed to a culture that is both diverse and inclusive and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people form a diverse candidate pool.
The HALO Trust
Get fresh Mining Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.