- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $31 Hourly
Overview Join The Gund Company, where you will find friends who will support and challenge you to crush goals that provide amazing growth opportunities. We are in the business of electrical insulation manufacturing, but we really pride ourselves in just being a group of fun, driven, problem solvers who LOVE what we do! The Gund Company: Take Care of Each Other, Take Care of the Customer and Take Care of the Business
- This is an hourly position paying $24-$31/hour
- Partners with the Regional HR Manager and Plant Manager to provide support; including recruitment and hiring, personnel records, employee relations, compensation, benefits, organization development, training, and OSHA compliance
- Develop and implement process improvements, and assist with day-to-day operations
- Display communication and organizational skills to ensure employees receive assistance, support and service in line with the TGC’s strategies, mission and values
Summary of essential job functions:
- Effectively record, maintain and report employee data / HR information
- Ensure HR files / employment records are accurate and organized in accordance with legal requirements and TGC policies
- Run weekly and monthly employee reports including headcount, benefits, and employee data
- Coordinate and lead compliance and safety training and follow up with managers and employees
Support the human resources and business teams with HR programs and initiatives:
- Partner with Hiring Managers throughout the recruiting and onboarding process
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are quickly addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate and support performance management process / Individual Development Plans
- Act as first point of contact for all HR systems, benefits and related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and principles of Human Resources including FMLA, ADA, worker’s compensation, safety administration, benefits, and employee relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of US federal law and EEO guidelines, recruitment, compensation and training
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment / successful stress tolerance
- Experience with HRIS / ATS systems
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software)
- Process weekly payroll
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field, required
- Three or more years of HR experience with exposure to employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits administration, training and development, and recruitment, required
- Experience in Industrial Manufacturing environment, preferred
- SHRM-CP/PHR certification, preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most office environments; occasionally, the position will be required to be on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Why Join Us?
Our employees have a vested interest in our Company’s success. The Gund Company is 30% employee-owned through our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Shares are awarded each year based on a calculation that takes into consideration our Company’s financial profitability, employee tenure, and earnings. There is no out-of-pocket investment required!
In addition, our employees enjoy:
- A safe and healthy work environment
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive, cost-effective employee benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a 50% employer match up to 6% of contributions
- Regular employee feedback through our IDP (Individual Development Plan)
According to the Gallup Q12 employee survey method, The Gund Company is ranked “world-class” regarding employee engagement.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of The Gund Company to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees without discriminating based on race, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual preference, or disability.
The Gund Company
10501-3 W. 133rd Ave.Cedar Lake, IN
BusinessView all jobs at The Gund Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?