Teacher Assistant - Special Education
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The mission of The Guild for Human Services is to educate, encourage, and empower individuals with intellectual disabilities so they may achieve their full potential to lead high-quality lives and participate meaningfully in society.
We are adding dedicated Teacher Assistants within our special education classrooms at our non-profit Guild School in Concord, MA. Join us to support our students & fellow staff members. Guiding and mentoring students can bring you enormous personal and job satisfaction! You can become an integral part of their growth, independence, and quality of life! A job and a cause for the right persons.
- Provide direct instruction and support to students in the areas of academics, social skills, self-care (ADLs), and vocational tasks
- Teach generalization in skill development and community integration
- Assist in behavioral interventions/and be able to perform C.P.I. (physical intervention training provided)
- Function as a member of the AM Team - helping or monitoring student(s) with their morning routine
- Provide supervision/monitoring of students during breaks, lunches, community trips.
- Willingness to cover for absent members of teaching staff - be an active, flexible Team member
- Provide positive and appropriate role modeling for students at all times - always treat students with the respect due to them as individual members of the community
- Maintain the neatness and order of the classroom, and other related student areas
- Control student workflow and work quality
- Training or experience teaching skills to a population similar to that of The Guild preferred
- Training or experience in behavior management techniques preferred
- Willingness to acquire related job skills through participation in external and in-service training and observation
- Physical capacity and emotional maturity to work in potentially stressful situations
- Capacity to take supervision and to function as an effective team member
- Valid Driver's license
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred but will consider the related experience in lieu of education
At The Guild, we want to see everyone succeed and reach their goals; short and long term. The benefits provided to employees are designed to do just that! Fill out an application and you will be contacted by our recruiter, Peggy Kilpatrick, or email Human Resources with questions.
The Guild for Human ServicesWhy Work Here?
The Guild is a learning environment for students and STAFF - our commitment is to supporting education and goal achievement for everyone.
For more than 65 years, The Guild for Human Services offers a continuum of services for youth and adults with intellectual disabilities, including autism, and behavioral/mental health challenges - Empowering people and creating a sense of belonging!!
521 Virginia RoadConcord, MA