Summary: Provide occupational therapy to The Guild students within the day school as a collaborative member of related services in the special education department.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide therapeutic functional or educational treatments consistent with the recommendations of the IEP or student needs, primarily in the school setting.
- Provide treatments using adaptive equipment, fine motor and gross motor skill development, vocational and life skills training, ADL training, and self-regulation training.
- Work cooperatively with special education staff to accommodate the needs of the students within the academic environment.
- Provide consultation and training to staff regarding students’ needs.
- Document clinical notes, complete progress reports, IEP information, and re-evaluations.
- Implement direct treatment in both individual and group treatment sessions.
- Participate in any meetings pertaining to assigned individuals or program planning, as directed.
- Engage in de-escalation of individuals.
- Able to attend training as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job including inclement weather situations.
- Demonstrated evidence of mature judgment, good interpersonal skills, a desire to enrich individuals' lives and a willingness to learn from skilled professionals.
- Physical and mental capacity to work in stressful situations and de-escalate individuals who have limited cognition and complex needs.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is an essential function of the job.
- Pass Guild Driving test to access Guild vehicles for transportation of individuals.
- The ability to restrain individuals during crisis using CPI.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university, recognized by the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Certified by NBCOT and licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver's license
- Must meet Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.