Line Cook / Prep Cook
The Guenther House Restaurant
Prepares food orders as they come into the kitchen during service times for breakfast and lunch. Prepares foods for next meal and / or next day when not preparing menu items for current meal. At times prepares food for special events and parties and/or evening functions to occur at the facility.
Duties, Responsibilities and Abilities:
- Prepares pancakes, waffles, sandwiches, bacon, sausage, tacos, special menu items and other regular menu items to order.
- Prepares soups, fruit, and items for next meal and /or next day.
- Make certain food line is stocked with sliced meats, cheese, and other items. Responsible for organizing, consolidating, and rotating all food items.
- Slice and weigh out specified unit portions of meats, cheeses, and other foods.
- Must make food items to exact recipe specifications, including calculating amounts of each ingredient needed, scaling up or down the recipe, and measuring and weighing precise amounts of each ingredient.
- Must accurately label all stored food items by description, date, and name initials in order to ensure quality control and efficient use of food.
- Transports fruit and other food items from office area and/or refrigerated cooler to kitchen area.
- Must wash utensils, tools, slicer, bowls and other items as used and clean area at end of day. Can be called upon to assist with dishwashing at times, as well as kitchen breakdown.
- Will be crossed-trained with other kitchen positions such as baker and fill in when needed or when others are absent.
- Must follow all food safety and health regulations and sanitation procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in food preparation/cooking preferred.
- Must be able to work under time constraints, quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to get along with others and have good verbal communication skills.
- Must respond to requests and execute their fulfillment.
- Must be able to transport mixing bowl with ingredients and trash containers weighing up to 60 pounds.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Kitchen is in renovated area of historic home and has limited space.
- Uses cooking utensils, knives, ovens, stoves, blenders, meat slicer, Cuisinart, waffle irons, pots and pans.
- Prolonged periods of time spent working at hot stove and grill. Heat may be uncomfortable.
- Required to wear uniform, hair net, protective eyewear, non-skid shoes, appropriate oven gloves, and protective gloves.
- May have to transport ingredients and/or trash in containers weighing up to 60 pounds
- Work requires sufficient strength and endurance to meet demands for high volume food preparation.
- Area is noisy and requires good receptive communications skills.
- Usually scheduled for an eight or nine hour day but must be flexible and able to work extended hours as needed.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
- Breakfast and Lunch 6:00 am to 3:30 pm
**** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS ****
***Must be able to work overtime depending on business needs***
Starting Pay Range:
- $11.00 to $13.00 an hour -
Please apply: at www.guentherhouse.com. or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan and paid vacation.
- For additional information about our company, go to www.guentherhouse.com.
- C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify participating employers.
- Click here for more information regarding E-verify.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process which includes a hair follicle drug screen and review of criminal background and other records as required.