The Griot Group, a growing strategic communications and political advocacy firm, is seeking professional, dedicated and solutions-orientated Administrative Assistant to handle all administrative duties, strategic needs, and special project requests. The Assistant is expected to make independent decisions when working on assigned projects, interact and approach work with the highest level of professionalism, and troubleshoot as potential issues arise.
Please note: This role is currently remote/virtual due to health concerns related to COVID 19.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-oriented and community centered. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
REPORTS TO: President
SALARY: Salary for this part-time role is commensurate with experience
JOB TYPE: Contract
• Coordinate president’s daily calendar, plan appointments and events, while ensuring the
President's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President's time and office.
• Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
• Manage phone calls, emails and make travel arrangements (domestic and international)
• Update social media platforms
• Liaising with clients and principals at a high-level on behalf of the President
• Serve as point of contact between clients and intern
• Research, data and date systems management, develop and maintain document filing processes and financial reporting/management
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
• Solid experience with office management systems, social media web platforms, MS Office (Excel and Power Point proficiency is a must), Canva or Adobe Design Suite experience a plus
• Proficiency with online calendars, and cloud based systems is a must
• Strong communication skills (via phone, email, written and in-person)
• Proven work experience as a Senior/C-Level Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
ABOUT THE GRIOT GROUP
The Griot Group is a strategic communications and political advocacy firm offering a wide range of consulting services including; media relations, digital media, public affairs, community outreach, training and facilitation and event planning across sectors.