Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker
Location: 700 S 19TH ST. Birmingham, AL, 35233.
Department: Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Ability to pass a background check
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
The Green Technology Group, LLC (TGTG) is seeking a talented & experienced Food Service Worker
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Food Service Workers work to accomplish repetitive assignments and follow an established sequence of work such as working in the dish room, passing, and returning trays to Veterans on Nursing units, portioning cold foods, cleaning, delivering bagged meals/nourishments, and sanitizing food areas and equipment.
- Brewing coffee in a commercial size coffee maker.
- Preparing fresh fruits or green salads and making cold sandwiches.
- Deliver and retrieve meal trays to and from Veteran’s bedside.
- Reading and following instructions on menus, recipes, and basic work instructions.
- Using proper cleaning solutions to sanitize food preparation surfaces.
- Cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Handling and storing sanitized dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- Scouring and scrubbing heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls and pots.
- Loading and operating a continuous conveyor belt feeding dishwasher.
- Standing and walking to clear and carry trays of heavy dishes for several hours or more at a time.
- Emptying trashcans containing food scraps and waste.
- Reading and following label directions in using cleaning or disinfecting/ sanitizing agents.
- Perfuming heavy duty cleaning tasks such as ceiling and or exhaust hoods.
- Moving and lifting objects up to 40lbs, bending and stooping.
- Other duties related to the Food Service Worker
- Responds to customer requests for assistance promptly and in a friendly and professional manner. Listens to customers feedback and acts to resolve matters/situations within their control and refers to appropriate staff to assist with the situation.
- Professional relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and others in the organization are consistently courteous and cooperative in nature and contribute to the effective operations of the workplace.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust to change, work under pressure and function as an effective team member in meeting service level goals and objectives.
Required Skills & Experience
Years of Professional Experience:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40lbs.
- Experience in the food service industry.
TGTG is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
The Green Technology GroupBirmingham, AL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.