The Green-Simmons Company, Inc. Tyndall Air Force Base, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $85,000 Yearly
The Green-Simmons Company, a General Contractor located in Pensacola, FL, is seeking a Site Safety and Health Officer for an upcoming project with the USACE. The candidate must have appropriate knowledge and certifications listed below indicating significant experience and familiarity with USACE safety requirements. The following description covers the fundamental qualities and responsibilities required.
- Attend pre-work meetings and produce job-specific APP and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs), in accordance with EMR’s Safety and Health Program.
- Work as a member of the project team, including sub-contractors, to ensure implementation and continuous monitoring and enforcement of the provisions of the project APP and AHAs.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable OSHA requirements and regulations, and other applicable regulations.
- Conduct regular site inspections, recording all violations and noting what remediation needs to occur to keep the project moving safely.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of safety inspections and complete all safety-related documentation and paperwork.
- Coordinate response to on-site emergencies, and interface with off-site and on-site emergency response entities.
- Conduct safety training, including new employee orientation or refresher training, and on-the-spot training to all personnel.
- Work with the management team to develop new safety policies, refine existing policies, modify design requirements, and draft construction-related specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evaluate and write daily Job Safety Analysis’s (JSA)
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable OSHA and site/customer specific regulation and standards
- Conduct regular site inspections/audits and document violations for the purpose of implementing corrective actions
- Prepare comprehensive safety reports and complete all safety-related documentation and paperwork
Required Qualifications / Certifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the construction industry with a general contractor engaged in general building construction on Federal / DOD projects (USACE Preferred)
- Experience in working with RMS software
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques
- Combination of high school diploma with experience and certifications will be considered
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry
- OSHA 30-hour certification required
- Must be able to demonstrate training in the following areas: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hazard Communication, Excavation, Rigging, Equipment Inspection
- Thorough knowledge and experience with RMS Software
- Knowledge of industry-standard construction practices
- Ability to read and understand detailed plans and specs
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills
- Experience in managing groups of up to 100 people on a job-site or project
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Knowledge of federal installations and operating procedures
The Green-Simmons Company, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great group of people, relaxed office environment and room for growth.
AddressTyndall Air Force Base, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at The Green-Simmons Company, Inc.