Assistant Manager, Agency Relations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Through the compassion and commitment of our supporters, staff, partners and volunteers, The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) takes a bold, innovative and multi-pronged approach to achieve our mission to end hunger here. GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. We are committed to increasing our food distribution to provide three meals a day to every person in need in Eastern Massachusetts while supporting healthy lives and healthy communities. Our progress toward this goal is documented by town on our interactive map.
The Greater Boston Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization.
Through compassion and action, together we can create a hunger free Eastern Massachusetts.
GBFB Team Members will support the Mission to End Hunger Here. They will live our Team Member Values of Team Member Wellbeing, Teamwork, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Respect, Trust and Our Eastern Massachusetts Community.
GBFB Core Competencies
GBFB Core Competencies summarize the capabilities that are important across all jobs and that we believe collectively contribute to GBFB’s overall success. We believe they support our mission and our values. At the same time, the expected behaviors as they relate to Core Competencies may vary according to the specific job duties, requirements, and level within the organization. Core Competences are usually interpersonal and strategic and are at the heart of how we do our work.
The GBFB Competency Framework focuses on six Core Competencies:
- Contributes to a High Performing Team
- Builds a Shared Commitment
- Empowers Others
- Drives Continual Improvement
- Communicates Collaboratively
- Displays Authenticity and Transparency
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
GBFB provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
No Team Member or applicant will be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following: (1) filing a complaint of employment discrimination; (2) assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; (3) opposing any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercising any other right protected by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GBFB is considered an essential response organization in times of disaster. As such, Team Members are expected to report to GBFB locations as required, after securing the safety of their families, and may be asked to perform duties that are critical (but outside of their regularly assigned duties) in times of disaster.
Job Title: Assistant Manager of Agency Relations 1
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director of Agency Relations
Manage eCommerce and Warehouse Management systems in order to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction related to ordering, and pick-up or delivery. Provide management and leadership to the Agency Relations associates, responsible for achieving and maintaining excellent customer service. Additionally, the position oversees the Cross Dock and Marketplace associates. Commitment to GBFB’s mission to End Hunger Here.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consistent support and teambuilding for the Cross Dock and Marketplace coordinators.
- Assist with Boston, Delivery and Cross dock appointment management. Assist with direct delivery coordination and full pallet outreach to agency partners.
- Work with the transportation team to maximize truck reloads to send additional full pallet orders to agency partners.
- Act as the primary point of contact, in the absence of the Assistant Director of Agency Relations, to provide leadership and guidance for the Agency Relations team, consulting with the VP of Community Impact.
- Be able to cover the Cross Dock, Market Place and Office when staff is absent. Work with the team to grow distribution through each of GBFB’s channels.
- Provide a consistently high-level of customer service through partnership building with member agencies. Proactively handle member agency complaints and complete documentation of each.
- Conduct training for new agencies and new agency contacts.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills, detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication, listening and customer service skills
- Strong networking and customer service skills including working with diverse populations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce desirable
- Experience with communicating requirements and implementing business information systems
- Ability to function in a teaching, training, and mentoring role
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
Mandatory Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or BA/BS preferred or at least 5 years of directly related experience
- 3 years of experience in an outward facing customer service role
- Experience with operations management, warehousing, or food banking preferred
- Motivated, flexible, independent personality with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle required
- Demonstrates the required digital competencies that result in the effective usage of the full range of digital technologies at GBFB
- Lift or carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to sit up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to work within an open air/cubicle environment
- The job is typically performed indoors in a traditional office setting
- The job may require occasional work outside at one of GBFB’s regional cross docks or within the warehouse
The Greater Boston Food
Get fresh Volunteer Services Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.