- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Director, Program Operations
Date: August 2022
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and highly detailed oriented multi-tasker to take on the role of Program Manager. Program Managers support and bring their own creative ideas to Chamber programs - both as part of the programs team and as the manager of their own portfolio of events, which include in-person, hybrid, and virtual.
Requirements include being a people person who is constantly curious to learn more and try new things. Workdays will be an ever-changing mix of providing logistical event support, assisting key stakeholders like sponsors, speakers, and members, driving and managing event registrations, and operating internal systems. Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines given the overlapping nature of programming.
- Develop, plan, and execute Chamber events. Tasks vary from speaker and topic identification to content development to day-of set-up and implementation.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, such as sponsors, Chamber members, speakers, and others, with customer service in mind.
- Manage any assigned advisory boards or committees. Examples include awards selection committees. Engage participants, schedule meetings and coordinate logistics, prepare timely meeting notes, and coordinate follow up.
- Manage venue and vendor relationships, as needed, including registration and payment processes, seating, and food/beverage selection.
- Coordinate registration as well as billing and reconciliation of payments, material purchases, or program charges, and process in accordance with established procedures with the Finance Department.
- Work closely with the communications and marketing departments on email marketing, website updates, and other marketing/social media efforts to advertise programs, highlight content, and drive attendance. Think creatively about new audiences and communities to engage.
- Generate event reports and analysis as needed. Keep updated data on events series. Draft communication such as memos, invitation letters, and member communication.
- Assist with monitoring and adhering to budget within own assigned series and programs.
- Maintain working knowledge of administrative systems, equipment, procedures, and processes used by the Chamber.
- Maintain knowledge of local community news, organizations, and professionals to recommend timely programs and speakers.
- Collaborate with other departments and colleagues with a focus on overall member engagement and revenue generation.
- Support other department and team-led efforts and programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in event planning and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete projects on time and within budget
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some early mornings and late evenings with notice
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, leadership, and negotiating skills are a must.
- Strong business ethics and values
Since 1909 the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce has sought to make Boston an epicenter of communication, collaboration, and celebration between businesses. Our mission is to be the convener, voice, and advocate of our diverse and collaborative membership who drive Greater Boston's success. We believe that when business thrives, we all thrive.
We do this by:
- Creating connections between business leaders that cultivate meaningful professional relationships
- Amplifying advocacy by informing the community on the most pressing issues facing our region
- Shaping policies that elevate Greater Boston's competitiveness in the region, nation, and world
The Chamber provides a wide range of programming to its members (more than 100 each year), including:
- Women's Network: In our Women's Network, you'll find a diverse group of more than 3,000 (and growing) women and male allies at all levels of their careers, from all backgrounds, sectors, industries, and professions.
- Government Affairs Forums: These events provide a platform for professionals to gain valuable insight from prominent government officials, build a strong network in the business and government communities and engage in important policy issues impacting our region.
- Pacesetters: Pacesetters are large and midsized companies and anchor institutions committed to using their procurement purchasing power to close the racial wealth gap by intentionally increasing spend with businesses of color.
- MITX: The catalyst uniting a dynamic community of professionals who drive how technology is shaping the future of customer experiences, ensuring organizations stay relevant and businesses stay vital.
- BIMA: 3,000 members strong, the Boston Interactive Media Association brings together New England's top digital media professionals.
- City Awake: The leading platform for next-generation leaders in the Greater Boston area.
- Learning & Development: With four different programs to enroll in (Boston's Future Leaders, Women's Leadership Program, Transformational DEI Certificate, Inclusive Managers Certificate) there's something for everyone here.
To Apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter. Candidates are also asked to supply a writing sample at the time of an interview.
**It is a company policy that all employees of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to hiring.
**This job requires you to be in the office a minimum of three days a week.
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the people of Boston, Massachusetts. We actively seek a diverse staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
It is the policy of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Salary Range: Starts at $60,000
This is a sedentary job by nature but does require travel. Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer and phone for most of the day. When traveling employee must be mobile enough to get around events and assist with set up and break down including lifting 25lbs or more. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
BusinessView all jobs at The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce