The Sales and Events Manager is responsible for all aspects of weddings, social events, and association meetings. Primary responsibilities include prospecting new business and implement strategies to maximize revenues for their markets, maintain effective management of the activities and bookings, respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, actively sell and up sell services to clients. This person will be the onsite contact for all wedding and social events, ensuring the clients satisfaction is exceeded by working with operations team and all other departments to ensure the highest level of service.
- On-site contact for all weddings and social events
- Develop action plan for prospecting new business and create strategies to maximizing revenue.
- Always maintain superb customer service with high emphasis on exceeding Clients’ expectations and always providing authentic hospitality to each and every Guest.
- Responsible for booking and detailing all events within their markets
- Quotes and negotiates pricing based on booking guidelines and current business demand.
- Ensures the accurate and timely flow of information, superior levels of performance and dependable and friendly service to external and internal clients.
- Supervise the planning and coordination of meetings and events, and guest room related activities (related to assigned group), to ensure the obligations by the hotel and client are met with satisfaction.
- Act as liaison between sales and the operations team by disseminating appropriate information as it relates to the meeting and/or event.
- Manage and monitor room blocks according to contract specifications to include, room block cut-off dates, review room pick-up, and attrition.
- Manage and monitor food and beverage minimums according to contract specifications.
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that meeting/event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience.
- Organize and conduct pre/post meetings with assigned groups.
- Effectively up sell throughout the pre-meeting/event and event phase, to include: food and beverage, amenities, audiovisual and special request services.
- Responsible for setting up master billing and reviewing accounts for accuracy during and after event execution.
- Ability to multi-task multiple meetings/and or events simultaneously and at different planning stages. Identify operational challenges/and or opportunities related to meeting and/or event and develop seamless solutions.
- Lead site tours with contracted clients as well as potential clients.
- Stay current with wedding trends in order to provide a one of a kind experience.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Actively engaged in the daily operations of the event center.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
1. Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively
2. Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
3. Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel
4. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
5. Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mail Merges, Email and Web searches.
- Experience in Delphi is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high level of professionalism to deal effectively with all types of personalities.
- Superb organizational skills – ability to prioritize, multi-task, direct and solve problems effectively without little supervision.
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Time management and ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to work with and win over multiple personalities when planning one event for a successful overall outcome.
- Ability to fully deliver on guests’ expectations.
- Ability to work collectively and collaborate with multiple departments to ensure all details are communicated and flawlessly executed.
- Eye for detail to ensure all spaces and set ups are worthy of a distinct, sophisticated events campus.
- Ability to stay current and fresh with industry trends to provide our clients with progressive ideas that have “wow factor” for their event.
- Must have a flexible attitude on working in this hospitality/event center sales and planning role and your schedule for evening hours and weekends when warranted.