Catering Administrative Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Catering Administrative Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Catering Sales
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist all members of the Catering Services department
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Catering Managers and Director while being familiar with all aspects of the catering planning process for both the Little and the Grand America Hotels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following, but are not limited to)
- High level of detail and organization
- Screen and directs visitors, telephone calls, and mail
- Maintain inventory of supplies and administrative needs.
- Assisting Catering Managers with creating contracts and inputting group information
- Organizing and copying weekly group BEO's
- Maintaining group binder with printouts of updated BEO's as well as monitoring emails for changes.
- Creating and printing door cards and reader boards
- Overseeing parking validations for groups
- Prepare and maintain group files for Catering Managers
- Assist Catering Managers with communication of group needs to pertinent department(s), if needed prior to distribution of resume and/or BEO’s
- Assist Catering Managers with BEO preparation and editing
- Assist group contacts as needed in Catering Managers' absence
- Additional tasks as dictated by Director of Catering, as well as based on experience and job performance
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Position may require some flexibility in hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by business.
- Majority of position will be desk/phone/computer work, with some mobility to interact with other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of strong administrative experience in a similar environment.
- Typing speed of at least 45 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience working with Opera and PMS
- Previous experience in a large, luxury resort setting.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday Full time, plus weekends and holidays as dictated by business
Wage: negotiable hourly rate
Benefits Offered: Yes
The Grand America Hotel
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
FoodView all jobs at The Grand America Hotel