Physician- Addiction Medicine
The Goodkind Group New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring Physicians to work in an outpatient addiction center in New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn). The Physician assists the Medical Director and the medical team to assure the highest quality of patient care, including comprehensive evaluations, patient consultations, and medication management (including induction protocols) to an ethnically diverse patient population. The role offers competitive benefits and salary.
- Maintains and enhances the highest standards of health care delivery to all patients
- Ensures that all health care services are provided in the most cost effective and efficient manner
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, orienting, monitoring, directing, coaching, and evaluating medical staff.
- Reviews relevant patient complaints and satisfaction surveys and responds as necessary.
- Provides technical advice to the Executive Director and or Medical Director on matters that require medical judgment.
- Provides and arranges after-hours call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring continuity of patient care.
- Oversees, monitors and updates the facility's medical policies and procedures.
- Supervises the development, implementation and operation of a quality assurance program as it relates to patient care and participates in quality improvement processes.
- Provides consultation and peer review for all medical staff at the facility.
- Assists in the development of data, statistics and performance outcomes and measures, and compliance reporting.
- Addresses risk management and patient grievances relating to clinical care.
- Assists the Executive Director and or Medical Director in determining the need and arranging for continuing education opportunities for medical personnel.
- Participates in treatment team meetings.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Unrestricted MD or DO in Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine and licensed or license eligible by the State of New York.
- Valid DEA Certification.
- Valid Controlled and Dangerous Substance (CDS) registration in the State of New York
- Minimum of 3 years practice.
- Experience in addiction medicine working in an MAT environment is preferred.
- Commitment to delivery of high-quality, cost-effective health care.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with medical staff, patients, clinical support and administrative staff.
- Proficiency in use of electronic health records.