You already know financial accounting is the language of business; but, did you know countries like Japan and China rely on the U.S. to supply alfalfa and forage for dairy cows to produce high-quality milk, butter, cheese, and ice cream to feed and nourish their families?
Are you someone looking for a full-time accounting position with emphasis in Accounts Payable in a fast-paced Bakersfield, California office and who can quickly and professionally respond to vendors and internal managers regarding any and all aspects of AP and monthly financial close processes?
The Gombos Company is a well-known, family-owned hay exporter with processing facilities in California and Washington State. We continue to grow in our industry while supplying hay for dairy and beef cows in Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Middle East countries. With 40 years of industry leadership and global name recognition, we enjoy long-term competitive advantage allowing us to achieve the highest standard of quality control, integrity, and success.
Here’s How It Works!
We purchase thousands of tons of baled alfalfa hay from growers all over the western U.S. The hay bales are delivered on trucks to our export processing facilities where they are graded, quality tested, and stored. When orders are received from overseas customers, the bales are moved to a production barn where they are double compressed and loaded into seagoing containers. The loaded containers are then driven to the seaport and loaded onto a ship for export. After a long voyage overseas, the customers deliver the bales to their end-user farms so they can feed their cows.
Here’s What You’ll Do!
As an experienced accountant, you will report to the Director of Finance to handle AP and various financial accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Vendor Invoice Entry in NetSuite ERP system
- Division level general ledger and ability to understand and become familiar with chart of accounts
- Purchase order matching and verification of invoices and accuracy
- Gaining approvals from Division Managers as needed for expenses outside of the PO system
- Timely payment of all vendor invoices to meet required due dates and loan payment obligations
- Issue electronic (wire/ACH) and check payments
- Understand, review, and maintain company-wide AP aging report
- Work with supervisor on routine basis for weekly cash flow and payment batching
- Review automatic payments as they occur to ensure correct coding, authorization, contracts, and/or documentation
- Monitor vendor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of expense accounts and/or related financial activity in producing monthly financial reports; and, participate in group cost-cutting efforts and initiatives
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table!
- Associate of Science in Accounting (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
- Experience in agricultural/farm accounting a plus
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hard work ethic, integrity, and responsible attitude
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work as a team
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent references upon request
- Background check
Here’s What We’ll Bring to the Table!
If you’re ready for steady Staff Accounting work, we’re ready for you to apply and join our team. We offer full-time, year-round employment with medical and dental benefits. Salary negotiable based on experience.
How Do You Apply?
Please submit your resume and related contact information by email to HR @ TheGombosCompany.com.
Through vigorous differentiation in products, quality control, processing, packaging, and progressive marketing, The Gombos Company delivers the “Gold Standard” in value-added U.S. forage and roughage products and services throughout the world.