This position coordinates food and beverage experience for members and their guests. This includes presentation of the dining space, timing of the courses served, maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor and the presentation of a spotless image.
It requires a positive attitude at all times, a willingness to help others and above all else, a desire to satisfy our members and their guests. A professional appearance of clean and pressed uniform, excellent hygiene and good grooming is a must for this position.
Job Tasks (Duties)
- Adheres to established rules and regulations of the The Country Club while working scheduled shifts.
- Maintains highest level of service for the dining rooms and banquet areas.
- Maintains highest level of cleanliness and good repair of all dining rooms and banquet areas, dining utensils, equipment and glassware including common and storage areas.
- Follows all guidelines in the Front of House Standard Operating Procedures, including instructions on table setting, order taking and sequence of service.
- Completes setup and side work responsibilities as required by lead server or manager.
- Provides immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating.
- Takes member and guest orders; suggestively sells food and beverage items, if appropriate.
- Keeps tables, dining room and bus station areas clean.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
- Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by managers.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Consistently follows local and state laws and the Club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages to members and guests.
- Maintains knowledge of The Country Clubs information (hours of operation, etc.).
- Practices “Teamwork.”
- Maintains positive attitude with all staff and members. Greets all members by name when possible. Maintains eye contact and use proper vocabulary when speaking with members. Avoids all negative comments.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and proper cleaned, pressed uniform at all times.
- Advises dining room supervisor or manager of any complaints immediately.
- Maintains knowledge of all menu items, daily/weekly specials, wine list, preparation methods, ingredients and garnish.
- Maintains knowledge of role during emergency situations. Aware of fire and life safety procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of POS system. Able to open/close checks and use this system to successfully communicate food orders to the kitchen in a timely manner. Updates daily special information. Has the ability to execute all service successfully.
- Possesses a competent knowledge of wines and spirits. Comfortable in naming and explaining all house liquors and by the glass wines.
- Possess common knowledge of basic grape varietals and understands essential culinary cooking terms and sauces.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bending, reaching, and the ability to carry trays of food weighing 25-50 pounds at times is required.
- Anticipates member’s needs by providing them with immediate attention. Displays a sense of urgency with all tasks.
- Performs other duties as requested by managers.
- Job will require some moving of furniture and tables for events and member dining.
- If you have to utilize a company cart or vehicle you must over 21. When driving on property you must be alert for other vehicles and members playing golf
- All areas must be neat clean an organized as they were found before the shift
- You will be asked during your shift to do spot sweeping and mopping. Along with your daily cleaning duties
· High School diploma or GED is required.
· The ability to read, write and execute basic math skills.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of casual/bistro dining experience required.
· Previous private club experience preferred.
· Frequent bending, stooping, pulling and lifting.
· Continuous standing, walking and repetitive actions for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to tolerate working in an extremely hot environment.
· Must be able to lift and balance large oval tray with plates, up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to carry and balance cocktail tray with Champagne flutes.
· Must be able to work in an outdoor environment.
· Must have a current City of Alpharetta Pouring License within a week of date of hire.