The Goddard School® believes in play based learning and is well renowned for being at the forefront of early education. Our program focuses on 21st century learning skills through project based learning. We are looking for highly qualified teachers to provide challenging and innovative lessons to our children. We are also looking for teachers with exceptional leadership and collaboration skills.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or Child Development related degree is desirable
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education-required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of one year experience as a teacher is desirable
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Evidence of strong instruction and adherence to applicable "best practices" of early learning and instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching philosophy and the developmental needs of students.
- Evidence of strong, positive student & classroom management.
- Ability to use assessments to inform instruction.
- Commitment to establishing effective, proactive and positive parent communication.
- Proficiency in classroom technology (e.g., Ipads, etc.).
- Meet the school's quality assurance requirements, curriculum, and activities
- Comply with all state, local and Goddard Systems, Inc. regulations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Assume postures in low-level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
- Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
- Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
- Stoop, sit on the floor
- Team Player
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Current physical exam
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Criminal Background clearance from the state of NC