Music Teacher - preschool and elementary
The Goddard School of Cedar Park Cedar Park, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Music Teacher - Early Preschool to 5th Grade
Full-time. An additional bonus will be paid for private and small group music lessons provided in the afternoon on weekdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide small group and private music lesson program for hand bells, keyboard, piano and voice. String instruction (violin and/or guitar a plus)! Based upon number of students, an additional $500/month bonus opportunity.
- Develop and implement a music curriculum for students Preschool through 5th grade.
- In collaboration with classroom teachers, plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages students and teachers to use music as an educational tool relevant to their classroom curriculum.
- Participate in the planning of school-wide events and celebrations.
- Provide musical accompaniment to programs and assemblies in school and in the community.
- Participate in school and parent meetings, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: This position requires an individual with a strong background in music, proficiency with an instrument (piano, string instrument and voice preferred); excellent communication and organizational skills; a proven ability to promote a positive and collaborative working environment; demonstrated ability to engage students; experience using current and emerging technologies to support learning.
We are located just north of Austin and convenient to Round Rock, Leander and surrounding areas and our map link follows: https://goo.gl/1xLs0z
Goddard School is a COGNIA and SACS accredited and a P21 Exemplar school!
- 50% discount for childcare (no waiting period requirement).
- Paid time off and holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year)
- Heath, dental and vision programs
- Free CPR/First Aid Certification
- 401k matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low teacher-to-student ratios
- Outstanding facilities that include: music instruction room, 2 gyms, outdoor science/nature classroom, interactive white boards, children's cooking kitchen
- A strong career ladder in a nationally accredited program
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $2,600.00 - $2,950.00 per month
- Bonus pay
Education: Music Ed degree, prior experience in early childhood education preferred.
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
- One location
General Qualifications: must meet the qualifications of his/her state and those set forth in the National Standards for hiring (see www.bls.gov), including the following:
· Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
· Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
· Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
· Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
· Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
· Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
The Goddard School of Cedar ParkWhy Work Here?
Health and safety of our staff is a priority. Our COVID-19 protocols exceed, great faculty and families, highly competitive comp & benefits
The Goddard School is AdvanED/SACS accredited and a P21 Exemplar preschool. Going beyond daycare, we are a curriculum based childcare setting. Located just north of Austin and convenient to Round Rock, Leander and surrounding areas and our map link follows: https://goo.gl/1xLs0z
1905 El Salido Parkway Cedar Park TX 78613Cedar Park, TX
Arts and Entertainment