Elementary Enrichment Lead Teacher
The Goddard School of Ashburn at Belmont Greene Ashburn, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Due to Public School plans of offering virtual or "hybrid" learning for the 2020-2021 school year, we are spearheading a new program for elementary schoolers in 1st-3rd grade to facilitate Public School virtual learning and provide structured enrichment while families are at work.
The Goddard School® of Ashburn at Belmont Greene (off Belmont Ridge Road -near Stone Bridge High School), Virginia, is seeking an experienced Elementary Enrichment Lead Teacher. The Goddard School is a licensed, accredited school, teaching children as young as six weeks through kindergarten, with after-school programs for elementary school students. With highly qualified teachers and administrators, we provide a safe, fun, nurturing, and developmentally appropriate program. Our School is located at 42885 Orchard Oriole Drive, Ashburn, VA 20147
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits including health, dental and vision (Full-time positions, 32+ hours per week)
- Paid Life insurance
- Paid AD&D insurance
- Bonus Opportunities
- Child Care Discount
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement for field-related coursework
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Must have a College Diploma
- Must have an Elementary Education Background or Related Experience
- Must be Proficient in the use of Educational Technology
- Conduct self in a mature and professional manner at all times
- Must adhere to high work ethics
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Exhibit and display an upbeat attitude at all times
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Must be able to obtain CPR/First Aid and MAT certification within two weeks of employment
- Ability to pass background checks
- Clean driving record for the past three consecutive years
- Daily hours: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (1 Hour Break)
- Professionally communicates with parents and children in a warm and friendly manner
- Assists elementary-aged children in completing and understanding Public School Assignments
- Demonstrates strong classroom management
- Adheres to a structured clasroom schedule that includes leading enrichment activities like art, music, technology, and outdoor play
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with our families and a nurturing relationship with their children
- Adhere and be compliant with Goddard's industry-leading Quality Assurance standards.
- Drives a School’s vehicle (Activity school bus (15 passengers) and/or Van) to transport children to and from the Public Library.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS of AGE to drive School's vehicles.
- At least one year experience working with young children in a school setting is required; Elementary experience is desirable.
- College diploma; degree in or related to Elementary Education is desirable.
- Mastery of the English language, as spoken and written, to permit effective communication with parents.