The Goddard School located in the Park Hill neighborhood of Denver is seeking a fun, energetic who is qualified as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) to support our program. At Goddard, children are encouraged to develop at their own pace in a nurturing environment, lovingly guided by our highly skilled, professional teachers. Our goal is to help children develop a lifelong love of learning. We also know we don't have happy children unless we have happy teachers, and we strive to provide a supportive work atmosphere with ample opportunities for professional growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
Our teachers work in a collaborative environment to
- Develop and write lesson plans
- Meet the individual needs of the children
- Interact with the children to support play, exploration, learning, self-esteem, and social skills
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and colleagues
- Participate in staff meetings and training
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
- Comply with Goddard's Quality Assurance standards
- Continue their own education
- Experience: At least one year of classroom experience is required for a lead teacher. For a teacher assistant, experience working with young children is preferred.
- For a lead teacher, a Bachelors degree, Associates degree, or CDA with emphasis on Early Childhood Education or related field is required. For a teacher assistant, a plan to pursue a degree is preferred.
- For a lead teacher, the candidate must be Early Childhood Teacher qualified under the Colorado state regulations.
- Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
- Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
- Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
- Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs
- 401k Plan
- Discount program for children of teachers
- Tuition credits for continuing education
- Paid holidays and vacation