Director of Finance, Tax & Accounting
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting
Location: San Diego or Remote*
Goal Investment Group (“GIG” or the “Company”) is a consolidated parent company that supports several operating companies. Within the Goal Family of Companies, we provide end-to-end services to clients primarily in the higher education finance sector, residential solar and home improvement lending. Directly or through its subsidiaries, GSS Data Services, Launch Servicing and Turnstile Capital Management.
The Goal Family of Companies will continue to grow the business both organically and through acquisitions. Senior GIG leadership have been working together for almost fifteen years and we pride ourselves and our work on our mission, values, culture and service to our community. Our company’s operations are headquartered in San Diego, CA and has been voted as San Diego’s Best Employers since 2015.
The Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting will report to the Chief Financial Officer at Goal Investment Group (GIG) and will be responsible for heading the Finance, Tax and Accounting functions for the parent company, its subsidiary Goal Investment Holdings, and supporting multiple operating subsidiaries (i.e., Goal Investment Management, Goal Solutions, and Ascent Funding). A successful candidate will possess a unique blend of financial analysis, tax strategy, consolidation of operating companies, as well as leadership experience.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual business line and consolidated financial statements comparative to annual budget and semi-annual forecasts.
- Prepare and analyze working capital projections monthly for the business lines as well as the consolidated company.
- Lead and manage the annual budgeting and semi-annual forecasts, collaborating with the CFO, executive leaders and finance leads of the operating businesses.
- Partner with the CFO and Chairman to develop the quarterly Board of Directors agenda, lead and support the preparation of the quarterly Board of Directors packages.
- Drive thought leadership on building tax strategy for the parent company and each subsidiary.
- Create the framework for continuous one-year short-term planning model across each operating company as well as a 3-5 year long-term planning model on a consolidated basis.
- Manage and improve the process and models for the planning and analysis of all operating companies including the consolidated financial statements.
- Proactively work with team to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness. Streamline monthly processes that are used among finance and accounting.
- Hire, manage and develop a high-performing finance, tax and accounting team. Establish priorities, set objectives and goals, and provide guidance and feedback.
- Oversee and manage the annual financial audits and tax filings for each operating companies and on a consolidated basis. Partner and strategize directly with the audit and tax partners.
- Manage and support corporate banking relationships.
- Due diligence and support for any potential M&A activities.
- Act as a consultant to the operating companies as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and contribute to special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- 15+ years of finance, tax and accounting experience.
- 10+ years of experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Advanced user of Microsoft products, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts to achieve a positive outcome.
- Able to work independently in a team environment without close supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as attentiveness to details and a commitment to follow up.
- Able to effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness/ability to work late hours when faced with tight deadlines.
Bonus points if you have:
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting (or similar), CPA and/or CFA.
- Experience in Consumer Finance or Asset-Backed Securitization.
- Experience working with Net Suite, Solver or MS Power BI reporting.
Qualities we look for in our candidates:
- An eagerness to learn and grow your leadership skills.
- A drive to succeed, a sense of urgency, and a passion for the work.
- All-around good team leaders who are approachable and dedicated to helping others succeed.
Competitive pay with bonus, and comprehensive benefits package that includes, but not limited to:
- 401(k) Company Match at 4%
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with an annual HSA contribution of $1,500
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Life insurance, disability, and critical illness
- Pet Insurance for our fur babies
- Work from home stipend to set-up your home office
- Bi-weekly Tech Allowance for Internet and phone
- Birthday Holiday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks (when we are in the office)
- Virtual and optional in person team gatherings, events and celebrations
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development program
- Generous paid leave policies including Paid Parental Leave and unlimited PTO
- $3,000 Vacation Incentive Program (VIP) every 3 years to anywhere in the world
- Community, Wellness funds and more
Learn more about our benefits by viewing our 2022 Employee Benefits Guide.
*Please note: Preference is given to local candidates that are willing to work 1-3 days in the office for in-person collaboration. However, remote candidates that are able to travel to San Diego 4-6 times annually will be considered.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Powered by JazzHR
The Goal Family of Companies
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Goal Family of Companies