Communications Manager, Justice and Advocacy
- $63,281 to $74,012 Yearly
GLIDE is a nationally recognized center for social justice, dedicated to fighting systemic injustices, creating pathways out of poverty and crisis, and transforming lives. Through its integrated comprehensive services, advocacy initiatives, and inclusive community, GLIDE empowers individuals, families, and children to achieve stability and to thrive. GLIDE is on the forefront of addressing some of society’s most pressing issues, including poverty, housing and homelessness, and racial and social justice. GLIDE’s mission is to create a radically inclusive, just, and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
The Communications Manager for Advocacy will be an integral part of the GLIDE Foundation’s communications team, working to engage and educate the public on GLIDE social justice and advocacy initiatives and will play an integral role in content creation, curation and strategically highlighting the policy advocacy, coalition partnership participation and community engagement and activism work of GLIDE’s Center for Social Justice (CSJ) and the GLIDE Foundation’s social services and outreach.
This individual is responsible for various advocacy writing pieces, including leadership commentaries, blog posts, op-eds, and social media posts. The Communications Manager for Advocacy is a multimedia creative capable of crafting and posting web content, developing, and coordinating digital and print collateral and producing and editing audio podcasts.
The individual who will thrive in this position has a strong interest in and understanding of racial and social justice issues. This individual is a creative, driven professional committed to advancing social justice and truly embodies GLIDE's mission and values.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Edits, writes, produces, and curates a variety of content, including articles, profiles, news releases, social posts, and other content, including video and audio segments and podcasts.
- Responsible for various advocacy writing pieces, including leadership commentaries, blog posts, op-eds, and content for newsletters and email blasts.
- Must have the ability to collaborate and successfully edit others' work, ensure editorial quality, and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Enhances existing and grows new relationships with the media, relevant external stakeholders, and the general public.
- Manages the updates of print and online communications collateral to support GLIDE's various programs and initiatives.
- Works with freelancers, vendors, and partners to produce effective and compelling communications collateral.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA Communications or related field and 4+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of communications and marketing experience in non-profit, advocacy, or political space required.
- Experience in a policy advocacy or campaign settings and possesses an understanding of the role of communications in achieving policy changes and political wins.
- Experience developing and implementing an organizational communications strategy.
- Experience in all aspects of developing a three-year Communications Strategy that aligns with strategic objectives.
- Experience with creative concept development, art direction, storyboarding, and message development for creative design work.
- Experience working in an organization funded primarily by philanthropy and relationship-based contractual agreements.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics through multimedia, including social media, the Web. Web and Email marketing, SEO.
- Social networking knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a community-based social service agency with the targeted population (homeless, people with addiction, and mental health problems) helpful.
GLIDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Glide FoundationSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView All The Glide Foundation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.