The Glen Retirement System Shreveport, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Since 1898, The Glen strives to provide the best environment for seniors. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else. By embracing this philosophy, residents are happier and healthier.
Why Choose The Glen? Our Management Team and Board of Directors work to honor the rich history of The Glen, and ensure that The Glen remains at the forefront of our industry and a vital part of the local community for over 123 years.
We are an organization culture focusing on “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life.
We focus on developing and fostering close ties. Team members build relationships among themselves and the residents they serve. The Glen places emphasis on the value of connection. SCHEDULE VARIATION: Normally scheduled to work a minimum of 40 hours a week. (Weekend and after-hours work apply)
ASSIGNED SHIFT: Shift is normally an 8-hour shift 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Monday - Friday) but could be more or less and hours could be changed depending on the needs of The Glen. (Assignment may vary) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To assist the Nursing Director in managing the clinical programs, medical programs, provision of services, medication administration, staff supervision, training and adherence to all Glen policies and procedures in the maintenance of all regulatory requirements with input from the Assisted Living Director. QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Two to three years of experience in health, social services, geriatrics, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s, or Memory Loss care preferred.
- Must have proven management experience and ability to manage staff.
- Current L.P.N. licensure in Louisiana
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Computer skills appropriate to job functions.
- Licensing per regulatory requirements.
- Valid driver’s license
- Assists Nursing Director and Assisted Living Director ensuring that facility complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assesses/evaluates potential residents for Assisted Living level of care with approval from Nursing Director.
- Responsible for resident pre-admission assessments, post-admit assessments, admission assessments, and development of person centered service plans (PCSP) with approval from Nursing Director.
- Plans, directs, assesses and ensures a program of resident care which addresses the identified physical and social wellness of the residents.
- Ensures resident services including medication administration, direct care, individual and group socialization, housekeeping, laundry and limited dietary services.
- Ensures the preparation and administration of medication and treatments as ordered by physician in accordance with resident’s person-centered service plan and evaluates resident’s response in accordance with ARCP Level 3.
- Responsible for recording pertinent information in the resident’s record, including, but not limited to: assessments, changes in status, continuing record of resident care, and updates to the person-centered service plan. Enters orders into EMAR in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Coordinates and prepares monthly physician, pharmacy and medication review with Nursing Director.
- Responsible for ensuring that all medication is administered by an individual who is currently professionally licensed in Louisiana.
- Provides direct care as needed and serves as on-call LPN.
- Acknowledges residents’ rights on confidential issues, maintains resident’s confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPPA guidelines and regulations.
- Promotes effective risk management, using and reviewing incident and accident reports as well as exception reports and reporting significant incidents to the Nursing Director and Assisted Living Director immediately.
- Monitors the wellness section of all agency and/or third-party contracts services to the residents.
- Establishes and maintains resident/family and staff relationships which promote the delivery of services reflecting the established program of care.
- Serves as a liaison between residents, families, staff, physicians, and third-party providers to ensure that residents are at appropriate levels of care.
- Responsible for infection control under the supervision of the Nursing Director.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate level of employee staffing.
- Supervises AMI’s and trains new AMI’s in specialized program requirements.
- Responsible for orientating and training of staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and job descriptions in accordance with The Glen Retirement System and regulatory requirement.
- Maintains safe and productive work environment through regular inspections.
- Conducts tours as assigned.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds; push/pull up to 90 pounds.
- Extended periods of walking, sitting, typing, and tasks requiring bending, stooping, pushing, pulling
- Competitive pay-rate
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays on hire
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
The Glen Retirement System
HealthcareView all jobs at The Glen Retirement System