Are you passionate about healthcare and working with the elderly?
Come join our team and “make a difference” every day at
The Glen Retirement System!
Why Choose The Glen:
- Our Leadership Team works hand in hand to oversee the day to day management of The Glen while honoring our rich history and ensuring that The Glen remains at the forefront of our industry and a vital part of the local community for over 122 years.
- We are an organization culture focusing on “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life.
- We provide a consistent schedule so you can plan your life.
Position: Full-Time: Shift 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Since 1898, The Glen strives to provide the best environment for seniors. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else. By embracing this philosophy, residents are happier and healthier. Daily operations of The Glen community are driven by the residents and carried out by staff members that have been empowered to cater to the interests and personalities of the individuals they work with. The Glen is rich in tradition, progressive in theory, acclaimed in satisfaction, and – most importantly – feels like home. Enjoy working every day in an atmosphere of excellence with the best professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provides clinical leadership to the household and performs nursing functions within the household to ensure the provision of effective daily care & services to each resident in accordance with their assessment, choices and plan of care
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Computer skills appropriate to job functions
- Current R.N. or L.P.N. licensure in Louisiana
- Supervisory experience highly desirable
- Specialized training or experience in geriatric nursing preferred
- Ensures the clinical operations in the household are in compliance with federal, state & local regulations and professional standards of nursing care while honoring person-centered care
- Provides leadership to household staff to maintain policies and procedures for clinical practices and household management that support the values of resident directed care
- Participates in hiring functions, orientation, training, clinical competency, educating, counseling and performance appraisals of clinical staff
- Participates in maintaining household budget
- Ensures that resident receives effective daily person-centered care & services in accordance with their plan of care through such functions as medication administration, monitoring of direct care-givers, assessing resident conditions, consulting with the physician and other care team members
- Participates in planning, organizing, directing and facilitating the clinical operations of the household
- Assures regulatory compliance by encouraging and/or maintaining appropriate record keeping
- Mentors and leads clinical employees in the household and maintains a positive working relationship with all members of the household staff
- Actively leads and/or participates in the Quality Management program for the household
- May serve in other roles or perform other tasks in the households as the need requires
- Accepts and gives shift report to/from nurses and C.N.A.S.
- Assigns specific duties to the C.N.A.S on his/her shift and provides adequate supervision of those C.N.A.S to ensure completion of these assignments.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and revising of the residents’ plan of care.
- Identifies, reports, and documents incidents/accidents & participates in investigation of incidents.
- Orders, receives, and stores medications and supplies as required per regulations & policy.
- Documents: medication & treatment administration; reviewing, transcribing, and implementation of physician’s orders, (written, verbal, or phone) & other pertinent information concerning the delivery of care & services to the residents.
- Identifies and reports changes in residents’ status to physicians, responsible parties, and supervisory nursing staff.
- Monitors nutritional status of residents through observation of meal delivery in dining area, delivery of nutritional supplements and supplemental hydration and snacks as indicated. Communicates observations and makes recommendations to promote optimal nutrition.
- Orients new employees as assigned.
- Carries out any special assignments as given by Administrator or Nursing Directors.
- Participates in fire drills and in-service.
- Coordinates and participates in admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
- Communicates HH or resident problems, needs, complaints, or other concerns with Clinical Mentor in a timely manner.
- Gives direct care as needed.
- Identifies environmental, staffing, and equipment problems and initiates requests for correction.
- Responds to emergency situations and obtains assistance as necessary. Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Counts narcotics. Maintains narcotic records accurately.
- Assures resident’s rights are protected; protects residents from abuse or neglect.
- Practices and assures C.N.A.s adhere to infection control policies and procedures.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics, facility policies and procedures, and regulatory guidelines
SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS FOR 7PM - 7AM NURSE CHARGE
- Inventories residents’ medications for needed refills.
- Completes appropriate forms for medication refills.
- Keeps nurses station refrigerators clean and defrosted.
- Records and stores incoming medications.
- Audits new monthly medication sheets and treatment records for correctness and places them on charts.
- Inventories bedside medications.
- Changes tubing, masks, cannulas, mouthpieces, and bottles used with oxygen equipment, suction machines, and nebulizers per facility policy.
- Cleans oxygen concentrator filters per facility policy.
- Thorough cleaning of medication carts per policy.
Other related projects, duties, and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises C.N.A.s
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; push/pull up to 90 pounds.
- Extensive walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting
- Competitive pay-rates
- Major medical, dental and vision plans
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Holidays on hire
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
The Glen Retirement System