Janitor 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Glen Retirement System Shreveport, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since 1898, The Glen strives to provide the best environment for seniors. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else. By embracing this philosophy, residents are happier and healthier.
SHIFT: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (rotating 4 on 2 off)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Cleaning, sanitizing, and tidying all assigned areas of facility within established guidelines.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to read, speak, write, and follow oral and written instructions
- Experience with the use of housekeeping devices and machines
- Responsible for providing cleanliness of assigned areas, care of equipment, and efficient use of supplies.
- Cleans, sweeps, dust mop, damp mops, and/or vacuums floors in common areas, halls including households and foyers daily.
- Cleans floors in the bistro, auditorium, rehab room, beauty shop and lobby entrances.
- Cleans door, kick plates and base boards.
- Cleans resident room air conditioning vents and ceiling vents throughout facility.
- Cleans common areas and bedroom hall windows.
- Cleans smoking area and empties ashtrays.
- Monthly deep cleans household spas, public restrooms, rehab room and beauty shops.
- Daily trash pick-up, including trash from households to dumpster.
- Removes, empties and cleans trash cans, gray and yellow barrels weekly as needed.
- Sweeps and cleans outside porches, patio areas, ceilings and fence rails, including household patios and furniture.
- Routes soiled linens to laundry.
- Un-pallets nursing supplies and moves to stock room.
- Deep cleans resident room and kitchen floors as assigned
- Assists with movement, storage of furniture and equipment.
- Assists with storage and upkeep of equipment and supplies.
- Assists with set-up and break down of events.
- Keeps janitorial equipment and storage area clean and neat.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner as requested.
- Assists with other cleaning task as assigned.
Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds; push/pull up to 90 pounds.
- Extensive walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, sweeping
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays on hire
- Major medical, dental and vision plans
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan