Come join our administrative team at The Glen!
The Glen Retirement System is a Life Plan Community where you can make a difference, exceed expectations and be a part of a TEAM. The Glen is about quality care, exceptional customer service and going above and beyond for residents who call The Glen home. Join our Glen family and see the difference!
Since 1898, The Glen Retirement System strives to provide the best environment for the elderly. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else. Daily operations of The Glen community are driven by the residents and carried out by staff members that have been empowered to cater to the interests and personalities of the individuals they work with.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assists the Administrator with administrative, financial, and record keeping functions.
ASSIGNED SHIFT: Shift is normally an 8 hour shift 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with a 30 minute lunch but could be more or less and hours could be changed depending on the needs of The Glen. (Assignment may vary).
- Minimum high school diploma with experience or training in office management. Degree or some college preferable.
- Computer skills should include word, excel, email and database applications
- Experience working in Long-Term Care preferred.
- Experience in payroll management
- General administrative and clerical skills in addition to computer should include: phone, typing, filing, ten-key
- Experience or education in accounting and human resource management
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Organization and detail management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information and data.
- Ability to work under stress with accuracy, speed and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and be willing to operate a motor vehicle
- Serves as personal secretary to Administrator/Director, responsible for appointments, phone, typing, filing, correspondence, and/or other duties as assigned
- Answers phone for operation and routes calls in absence of the receptionist. May relieve the receptionist for lunch breaks.
- Greets and assists visitors, residents, families and personnel
- Assists in preparation of reports to System Office
- Prepares and processes payroll; maintains personnel/payroll records in accordance with company policy and applicable government laws/requirements.
- Inputs electronic data into payroll based journal (PBJ) per regulatory requirements. Collects data from contract labor sources for PBJ and HR reports.
- Maintains personnel files and coordinates human resource issues with HR Director. Stores employee files per policy and maintains tracking record of employee file location.
- Accurately maintains employee schedule in time clock system and reports excessive personnel absences, reporting issues, overtime to administrator in a timely manner. Makes notification to employees of available benefit days and expiration of those days. Assists staff with time clock functions. Manually enters employee time in the event of time clock malfunction or clocking error.
- Collects ancillary time reports from hourly staff each pay period. Notifies Administrator when reports not submitted timely.
- Maintains administrative files and records in accordance with Glen policy/procedure and or government regulations.
- Maintains Facility authorized driver log in coordination with System Executive Assistant. Collects copies of employee driver license upon addition to the list and when renewal is due.
- Maintains Facility vehicle maintenance log in coordination with System Administrative Assistant and Maintenance Supervisor.
- May assist with assigning pendants/bed stations
- Maintains and/or appropriately displays applicable licenses and records necessary to meet governmental law and regulations. Submits renewal applications for licensures in a timely manner.
- Processes accounts payable invoices for approval and payment and processes checks
- May make bank deposits
- Maintains yearly facility calendar. Monitors for upcoming activities and initiates reminders to ensure functions occur timely.
- Maintains Policy and Procedure manuals as updates are made or new policies are added. Ensures manual is appropriately approved annually.
- Maintains contract books including copy of liability insurance, licensure, and business associate agreements with vendors.
- Participates in financial audits including Medicare and Medicaid audits.
- Reconciles credit card statements. Collects and tracks receipts.
- Orders administrative office supplies.
- Maintains and reconciles Patient Fund Account. Processes deposits and refunds timely per regulations.
- Initiates Representative Payee reports and direct deposit requests to social security administration. Answers Representative Payee summary reports.
- Maintains “Survey” preparation file in readiness for annual surveys
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash drawer.
- Maintains and reconciles meal ticket money.
- Files NAT-7 upon employment change, hiring and termination, of certified nursing assistant staff.
- Maintains daily resident census per payor type. Reconciles census with billing specialist and Medicare case manager at month end.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing and/or walking
- Hand and finger dexterity to operate applicable office equipment
- Hearing and visual acuity appropriate to perform job functions
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds, push/pull minimum of 90 pounds
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area
- Competitive pay-rates
- Major medical, dental and vision plans
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Holidays on hire
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
The Glen Retirement System