We are in need of an administrative professional for our organization dedicated to providing essential aid to homeless lives in Greater Los Angeles. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to both give back to their community by being part of a 20-year non-profit success story that has provided vital support for LA’s unsheltered while educating and informing its volunteers and the community about the human face of homelessness.
You would meet regularly at The Giving Spirit’s office in Santa Monica. You will be able to work remotely with flexible hours once you become familiar with the organization’s operations. Initial responsibilities would include office administration tasks with growth potential into a leadership position with greater roles and responsibility.
You will be part of a growing non-profit organization with exposure to other civic leaders and groups. You will enjoy the camaraderie and rewards of providing service to those truly in need while working with other like-minded professionals and volunteers. We will need 20 hours a week to start along with the desire to make a difference. If that is you and this is an opportunity you’ve been looking for, please contact The Giving Spirit and provide a short description of your administrative skills, why you would like to volunteer for The Giving Spirit and a writing sample.
You would be a perfect fit if:
- You love helping those in need, without prejudice
- You have 3+ years of administrative assistant experience or similar
- You are highly organized, meticulous, a self-starter and detail-oriented
- You have experience in organizing or overseeing community events, and providing visible and measurable impact to a nonprofit organization, and/or for-profit company
- You are a highly-communicative and responsible individual
- You are proficient in MS Office, G Suite, Outlook, and have basic database skills
- You are conversant in key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter specifically)
Both cover-letter and resume are required.
Compensation will be commensurate with a candidate’s experience, proficiency, and level of communication and leadership skills.
More information about The Giving Spirit is available at: www.thegivingspirit.org