The primary function of this role is to serve as the primary educator for Gersh Academy students. Main responsibilities include instruction and daily communication with parents and students assigned to you via distance learning and in a school setting.
Who we are:
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every child to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations on Long Island, Seattle and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead daily instructional programs for a.m. and p.m. classes to drive superior student achievement through distance learning.
• Communicate and interface with parents/caretakers during online instruction to ensure their child’s successful participation with distance learning.
• Teachers will access virtual trainings to become familiar with specific software programs and tools used to instruct students and be prepared to utilize digital platforms and tools when applicable.
• Teachers will use motivational skills and strategies to encourage students to learn and keep them engaged in their own education via online resources that are appropriate to use as teaching tools.
• Using online educational websites and programs, provide daily and weekly lessons plans that align with each student’s IEP goals.
• Record daily attendance that will indicate the date, start and end times of classroom instruction.
• Complete required daily session notes that documents the implementation of the daily lesson plan which includes the objective, activity and measurable outcome.
• Participate in all CSE/IEP meetings as needed.
• Update IEPs/goals as needed.
• Coach and mentor parents to assist and support their child in their daily learning.
• Prepare resources, lesson plans and materials to be accessed via email for students and parents who may not be able to participate during their scheduled session time.
• Monitor and document student participation of distance learning during non-scheduled face to face time.
• Communicate daily progress and roadblocks to direct supervisor and/or BCBA.
• Provide online resources paired with teacher office hours if there are questions during instructional time.
• There is no travel required for this job, as online teachers may instruct students from their own homes or any other private location of their choosing, if they have internet access.
• Additional duties as required.
More about the role:
This is a full time school calendar based position. We offer full time contracts till the end of June, and then over the summer , and the next contract stars in September. For the right candidate we will hire as soon as possible. Elearning / teletherapy / tele -teaching experience a huge plus.
Please have a valid state teaching certification, and a post secondary education degree in special education.
The Gersh Organization
Why Work Here?The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every child to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations in New York, Seattle, and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Change Lives By Providing Services to Individuals on the Autism Spectrum!