Are you passionate about working with children? Are you looking for a career path? We will provide you with the guidance and training you need!
We are seeking an energetic, nurturing, and confident Entry-Level Special Education - (Registered Behavior Technician) for our Gersh Academy students. No experience needed! We will work with you on training and accreditation as long as you are passionate about developing a career with Gersh Academy.
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children and young adults on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every student to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations in Seattle, New York, and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children and young adults on the autism spectrum and their families.
We Change Lives!
Join the dynamic team of professionals at Gersh Academy and Gersh ABA Services and change not only the lives of the children and families you work with every day, but your own! Work in a truly collaborative, supportive, and knowledgeable team. This is a truly unique opportunity to be a part of a program for children with Autism that incorporates the highest standard of clinical ABA throughout all environments. Be a part of the BEST!
- A passion for working with children on the autism spectrum
- Gifted with children
- High school diploma
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- The "It" Factor
- Train to become a 1 on 1 Autism Professional
- Behavior Technician training paid for and provided by Gersh
- Crisis Prevention training and certification provided
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm; Additional Hours Available: Evenings & Weekends
Duties and Responsibilities
- Change Lives every single day! Provide high quality ABA services to families and
- children by implementing individualized treatment programs designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Be the Best in Best Practice! Initial and ongoing training is provided to help you develop your clinical practice as an Entry Level Special Education - (Registered Behavior Technician)
- Grow as a Clinician! Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, where personal and professional development are a top priority. Reap the benefits of working with children in all socially significant environments, including, school, community, home, and vocational settings. Travel to other Gersh locations to receive and share professional knowledge.
- Must be able to keep students safe from themselves and others and in some cases may need to implement Crisis Prevention procedures.
- Must be able to remove oneself from potentially harmful situations and in some cases be able to lift a child.
- Must be able to lift 35+ pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)