Certified Behavior Technician
The Gersh Organization Issaquah, WA
- Expired: 15 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children and young adults on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every student to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations on Long Island, Washington, Indiana and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children and young adults on the autism spectrum and their families.
Gersh Academy at Cougar Mountain provides an environment where programs and services are customized around our student’s individual needs both inside and outside the classroom. Expanding our program to the Pacific North West and at Cougar Mountain allows for limitless opportunities to use our curriculum and vocational philosophies to create new and exciting experiences that benefit our students, their families and the community.
We Change Lives!Join the dynamic team of professionals at Gersh Academy at Cougar Mountain and Spectrum ABA Services and change not only the lives of the children and families you work with every day, but your own! Work in a truly collaborative, supportive, and knowledgeable team. This is a truly unique opportunity to be a part of a program for children with Autism that incorporates the highest standard of clinical ABA throughout all environments. Be a part of the BEST!
We are seeking an energetic, nurturing, and confident Registered Behavior Technician for our Gersh Academy and/or Spectrum ABA Services students.
A Behavior Technician provides 1:1 behavioral intervention services to children with special needs and support to their families. Behavior Technicians are responsible for implementing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based programs as directed the Board Certified Behavior Analyst/Clinical Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Change Lives every single day!Provide high quality ABA services to families and children by implementing individualized treatment programs designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Be the Best in Best Practice!Initial and ongoing training is provided to help you develop and refine your clinical practice as a Registered Behavior Technician.
- Help our Parent's grow!Gersh Caregiver Advocacy Resources Education and Support (Gersh C.A.R.E.S) provides our families with regular, interactive lectures and hands on parent education (in 1:1 and monthly group structure). Under the direct supervision of a BCBA, Clinical Supervisor, participate in parent education groups to truly improve the quality of life for our families!
- Grow as a Clinician!Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, where personal and professional development are a top priority. Reap the benefits of working with children in all socially significant environments, including, school, community, home, and vocational settings. Travel to other Gersh locations (New York, Indiana, and Puerto Rico) to receive and share professional knowledge. We have opportunities for Lead RBTs for experienced RBTs or, if you are new to the filed, we can support growth into this position as you become certified by GACM/SASNY, and refine your clinical practice as a, RBT.
*Please note all the above are the responsibilities of the role, however the role is not limited to only the above*
- Minimum of 12 hours of college credit in ABA, Psychology, Education, or other related field
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- RBT & Washington State CBT license strongly preferred, training provided if not certified
- CPR/First Aid/BLS certified, & HIV Awareness training preferred
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Negative TB test
- Full-time; Monday – Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm/ . Additional Hours available: Evenings and Weekends
- Occasional before and after work hours at the discretion of the administrative staff
- School, Clinic, and/or Home/Community based services. Minimal travel required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off including vacation and sick time
- BCBA Supervision available for BCBA Students
- CPI training and certification provided
- Must be able to keep students safe from themselves and others and in some cases may need to implement CPI procedures.
- Must be able to remove oneself from potentially harmful situations and in some cases be able to lift a child.
- Must be able to lift 35+ pounds
Job Type: Full-time
The Gersh Organization
HealthcareView all jobs at The Gersh Organization