The Gemini 3 Group is seeking applicants for the position Systems Engineer in support of the Marine Corps Systems Command. The selected candidate will provide holistic systems engineering and technical expertise to the U.S. Government by assisting the Senior Systems Engineer in performing the following tasks:
- Generate systems engineering-related documentation in accordance with Major Defense Acquisition Program (DoDI 5000.02) and Marine Corps Systems Command procedures. Documentation includes, but is not limited to: Technology Development Strategies, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, Systems Engineering Plans, Programmatic Environmental Safety and Health Evaluations, Risk Acceptance Documentation, Performance Specifications, Hazard Assessment Summaries, National Environmental Policy Act documentation and/or Requests for Environmental Impact Review, and Configuration Management Plans
- Assist the Government in performing systems analysis and requirements analysis and traceability.
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations relating to the preparation and execution of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs); assist in planning, coordinating, executing, and closing out SETRs.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of validation/verification events; including the generation of test procedures and test plans and the execution of Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) Functional Configuration Audits, and System Verification Reviews.
- Aid the Government conduct failure analysis, review incident reports and supporting documentation (e.g., Corrective Action Reports), and perform investigations.
- Provide assistance to the Government in conducting engineering evaluations of manufacturing processes, technology obsolescence, technology insertion, capabilities enhancements, configuration and interface control, and platform integration.
- Analyze sustainment data and trends for programs in the Operations & Sustainment phase and draft summary reports, highlighting their systems engineering-related recommendations for improving sustainability.
- Provide Configuration Management Support, such as developing PCA plans and participating in PCAs; analyzing potential hardware/software configuration modifications to the in support of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)-provided Changes in Production (CIP), Government-initiated modification instructions, technical instructions, and validation/verification events; generate ECPs; update Configuration Status Accounting databases, as required.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, physics, mathematics, or Computer Science. Three-Ten years of related work experience preferred, although a recent graduate with a solid academic record and relevant internship experience will be considered
Knowledge of systems engineering processes
Ability to write technical documentation
Must possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please call (540) 602-7900 x1206 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Gemini 3 Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.