Account Executive - Sales
The Gazette is seeking an Account Executive to consultatively sell advertising for all product offerings including print and digital advertising campaigns as well as commercial print products to assigned list of accounts. You will identify and target ways to steward and grow existing business as well as ways to obtain new business opportunities. You will work collaboratively with management to maximize revenue and foster a growth mindset.
- Manage key accounts.
- Maintain strong client relationships and actively pursue new opportunities for year over year growth.
- Develop and present marketing solutions designed to solve customer needs from the portfolio of Gazette offerings and deliver sales presentations.
- Consult on options for effective ad design, insertion, and provide suggestions for ad improvements.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Deliver quality orders to the support teams and provide all necessary information to insure smooth running of advertising.
- Obtain credit applications or prepayments for advertising as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with creative services and traffic to ensure advertiser expectations are met.
- Participate in peer trainings to maintain product knowledge and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and team environment.
- Results orientated, accountable, strong work ethic, team player.
- Good time management skills.
- Own reliable transportation, safe driving habits, and the maintaining of valid driver's license.
- A minimum of two years sales experience preferred, with a focus on local accounts and digital marketing.
About The Gazette
At The Gazette, we are passionately independent champions of connecting, informing, and enriching our communities.
Our employee-owned newspaper and online news delivers the relevant news of the day to communities in Eastern Iowa – and has for nearly 140 years. We care deeply about our community and its well-being. To that end, we engage with our readers to better understand their stories and connect our communities to the information and issues that matter most to them.
Our news team reaches audiences across a variety of print and digital platforms and through a variety of in-person events. Our company has a strong tradition of being independent and is owned by a trust for the benefit of its employees. The Gazette is delivered to 16 Eastern Iowa counties each morning.
Employees at The Gazette receive competitive benefits including health, dental, 401k match and a comprehensive wellness program. 100% Employee owned.
EOE. Pre-employment background check, MVR, and drug screen required.
The GazetteCedar Rapids, IA
Get fresh Account Executive - Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.