The Gathering Inn Roseville, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Case Manager provides case management to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Interview incoming guests and perform needs assessment to determine guests’ barriers and needs. Use this information to develop plan to connect guests to services necessary to change their homeless situation. Provide referrals as needed. Monitor guest progress and adjust plan as needed.
- Facilitate and lead Life Skills Class twice per week.
- Identify self enhancing activities for each guest. Supervise guest activities.
- Arrange for counseling sessions for guests.
- Coordinate services and work with other service providers to ensure access, eligibility and follow through.
- Create guest files including all relevant assessment, plan and evaluation information and update regularly.
- Understand and maintain guest confidentiality and data privacy standards.
- Keep updated resource information on local and regional human services.
- Meet with guests weekly or bi-weekly for up to 12 months. It is expected that for the first two months of a guest’s participation in the program, at least 80% of follow up will be conducted in person vs. by phone.
- Build positive informal relationships with guests, teach functional life skills.
- Work with Director of Shelter Operations or Lead Case Manager on non-standard situations to develop appropriate plan.
- Understand status as mandated reporter of child or vulnerable adult maltreatment.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training and other relevant training.
- Read incident reports prepared by monitors to stay updated on relevant guest information.
- Transport guests to and from medical appointments & assist with moving guests into housing. Pick up guest medication as needed.
- Be punctual. No more than one late occurrence per quarter. If you know you are going to be late, you must contact your Supervisor at least one hour in advance.
- Complete paperwork and tasks in a timely and consistent manner, including all reports, etc. You should be able to regularly prioritize your daily tasks independently, but be willing to ask for guidance from your Supervisor if conflicts arise.
- Complete work accurately – proofread all documents you are responsible to create or distribute.
- Become familiar with office systems so that you can locate documents and information at any given time.
- Keep organized (desk, files, etc.)
- Use good judgment and discretion in all aspects of this position. Make ethical, non-biased and well thought-out decisions.
- Communicate regularly with Management and co-workers on all pertinent issues.
- Assist others in a compassionate manner without ethnic or social prejudices. Be tactful and mindful of issues & challenges unique to homelessness, substance abuse and persons with physical and mental disabilities.
- Be able to perform duties independently and also as part of a team.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency for all programs used by the organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and B.A. or equivalent experience, including at least one year of experience performing case management activities. Must have knowledge of social service agencies and experience working in a community based setting.
This is a non-exempt position. Working hours are from 8 am – 5 pm. However, overtime may be required and will be paid in accordance with non-exempt position requirements. Any overtime worked should be approved in advance by the CEO.
The Gathering InnWhy Work Here?
Helping us end homelessness one step at a time.
From our humble beginnings in 2004, as a winter only shelter program serving 40 homeless people per night, The Gathering Inn is now a multifaceted, multi-location agency serving over 185 homeless men, women and children each and every day right here in Placer County through programs at four separate locations. The Gathering Inn is now the largest homeless emergency housing and supportive services provider in Placer County.
HealthcareView all jobs at The Gathering Inn