CA Project Engineer
The Garrett Companies Kissimmee, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION – PROJECT ENGINEER
Title: CA – Project Engineer
Reports To: Director of Construction Administration
Location: Central Florida *
- Observe and report on the ongoing built condition of projects as it relates to plans to ensure delivery to the owner is in accordance with project goals and expectations.
- Monitor assigned projects during all stages of construction to ensure the compliance with plans and company quality standards, reduce risk, and increase the profitability of The Garrett Companies.
- Review, track and report progress of each phase of project(s) to ensure overall schedule is maintained and accurate.
- Assist in creating systems and policies to increase communication and efficiency of project construction.
- Execute and continue the evolution of policies and procedures that will ensure project success.
- Work in unison with a team of professionals internally and externally who have responsibilities and roles in Construction, Development, Management, and Design.
- Foster new partner relationships, as well as maintain good relations with current partners.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly travel to assigned projects will be required. We currently have projects in Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Indiana, and Florida.
- Review plan sets prior to construction to identify and report on coordination conflicts, potential design deficiencies and compliance with corporate standards.
- Participate in design meetings to understand design decisions and advocate for Development during construction.
- Ensure Garrett Standards are being incorporated during Design and executed during Construction
- Review and Manage 3rd-party Design Team’s CA processes, invoices, and budget.
- Review and coordinate with 3rd-Party inspections to ensure deficiencies are accurately reported and properly resolved during construction.
- Review RFIs during construction to ensure adequate answers are received by construction.
- Document project deficiencies and issues during the construction process and communicate those to the Development and Property management team.
- Complete substantial completion walks on behalf of Ownership to create project punch lists. Report turnover progress and track resolutions to punch list items.
- Assist and help coordinate dates for FF&E deliveries during construction.
- Actively participate in the project turnover process from construction to owner and management team by communicating dates for FF&E deliveries and apartment move-ins.
- Openly communicate and coordinate with Investments, Development, Construction, and Management Departments.
- Collaborate with Director of QAQC to ensure quality expectations are met during construction
- Foster a positive work environment to provide for the professional growth and development of employees and peers.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Multifamily housing construction and design knowledge and experience.
- A history of success in coordinating development projects and teams.
- Must be consistently detail oriented.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to listen and understand intents and goals.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from experience working with customer services, internal teams, and 3rd-party consultants.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Construction Administration or related field.
- A degree in Construction, Architecture, or related field
- Must be comfortable visiting construction sites for extended periods of time in all safe weather conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Bluebeam Studio, or similar PDF software is a plus.
- Knowledge or Proficiency in Procore or similar construction management software is a plus.
Pre-Prerequisites (these are the most important items):
- Positive attitude.
- Relentless problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate.
- Must understand the difference between causation and correlation.
- We are all broom pushers. Every member of our team is willing to work and support at all levels.
Initial Training and Orientation:
- Garrett Companies Onboard program.
- Development Mentorship Program Overview.
- Scheduled Weekly Meeting with Team Members.
- Membership to professional organizations and continuing education is supported by The Garrett Companies.
* The Garrett Companies does not currently have an office in Florida. This position will be work-from-home until such time.
The Garrett Companies
ConstructionView all jobs at The Garrett Companies