FT & PT available. A FT schedule is 7:45 am - 4:15 pm. This can be flexible if needed.
Be employed for a company where it's more than just a job, but instead it’s a place where you feel like you belong. Provide assistance for clientele that are friendly and cultured, and work with managers who care about you. Be a part of an award winning retirement community aimed to create a positive environment, where we find ways to make every day even a little bit more exciting. We are looking for people who are committed, team players, and people who want to be recognized for their hard work. If that’s you, please apply!
The role of housekeeper consists of providing a clean and pleasant environment for Members in their homes that meet and exceed their expectations, while building trusted and valued relationships with the Members.
Duties of this position include responsibilities such as:
- Greets all Members and interacts with courtesy, respect, and friendliness.
- Identifies, tracks, and responds to Members’ cleaning preferences (product use, bed-making, taking towels, and mopping, etc.).
- Thoroughly cleans all rooms in each residential unit to meet and exceed the expectations of the Members.
- Assists in cleaning of public areas (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning public bathrooms) as time allows upon completion of residential cleaning.
- Works collaboratively with all Team Members in deep cleaning and other assigned projects and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members of The Garlands.
- Assists in laundry as needed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Responds swiftly to any Member requests or complaints.
- Treats everyone with dignity and respect, and can establish a trusting relationship while maintaining confidences.
Requirements for this position:
- Basic background in housekeeping, about 1 - 2 years of experience is minimum.
- Room cleaning experience preferred but not required.
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Communication skills - conversational English required.
•Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
•Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
•Must be able to stand, stoop and walk continuously
•Must be able to move arms and hands from side to side and up and down to clean furniture, counters, and toilets, etc.
•Must be able to shift mop from side to side
Uniforms are provided.