The Garden City Hotel features timeless elegance with modern-day comforts. The property showcases newly renovated guest rooms along with luxurious suites, first-class culinary backed by Celebrity Chef David Burke, and an array of banquet halls. In order to best serve our guest we have a portfolio of elegant facilities, such as The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, Arrangement Bar by Andrew Scott, The Rose Room Underground Lounge, and King Bar, Red Salt Room, and The Patio Bar, all inspired by Chef David Burke. Located in the heart of Garden City, the Hotel is a stone’s throw away from Manhattan.. only 15 miles by car or 45 minutes by Long Island Railroad.
We pride ourselves on our meticulous attention to detail and relentless drive towards success. As we embark on an exciting revitalization of this historic property’s facilities, our team is looking for Hospitality Professional to help us revitalize and reinforce the standards that historically makes us one of the best in the business.
Legendary chef David Burke’s signature whimsical approach and seasonally driven menus are destined to make Red Salt Room the most sought-after restaurant reservation on Long Island. Garden City’s newest restaurant hums with style, sophistication, and creativity. Don't miss the stunning floor-to-ceiling backlit sea salt brick wall, a decorative nod to Burke’s patented Himalayan sea salt dry-aging technique.
We currently have a career opportunity available for an experienced Fine Dining Restaurant Server.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
· Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
· Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
· Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
· Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
· Complete opening and closing side duties as assigned.
· Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on special arrangements for pre-assigned tables.
· Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86'd items throughout the shift.
· Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen when assigned to do so.
· Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
· Guide the activities of the assigned Bus Person to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
· Extend appreciation for guests' patronage and invite them back.
· Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
· Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
· Prior experience as a Fine Dining Server is required.
· This is a full time position that requires flexibility with scheduling including early AM, and PM shifts, weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
· Experience with Micros is preferred.
· Group Health Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Voluntary AND Company Paid Life Insurance
· Supplemental Short Term Disability
· Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan
· Paid Vacation Days and Paid PTO Days
· Complimentary Employee Cafeteria
Thank you for your interest in working with us. You may also apply online at https://www.gardencityhotel.com/careers or send your resume at Rtiomico@gchotel. com