The Garden City Hotel features timeless elegance with modern-day comforts. The property showcases renovated guest rooms along with luxurious suites, first-class culinary backed by Celebrity Chef David Burke, and an array of banquet halls. In order to best serve our guests we have a portfolio of elegant facilities, such as Mynd Spa and Salon, and Arrangement Bar by Andrew Scott.
Our property also boasts Red Salt Room, King Bar, The Rose Room Underground Lounge and The Patio Bar, all inspired by Chef David Burke. Located in the heart of Garden City, the Hotel is a stone’s throw away from Manhattan, only 15 miles by car or 45 minutes by Long Island Railroad.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Housekeeping Supervisor who will assist us in continuing to provide the excellent level of service for which The Garden City Hotel is known.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to,
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Supervise, train and inspect the performance of all Housekeeping ensuring that all procedures are completed according to standard.
- Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of status of hotel room count, group arrival, VIP’s, special events and knowledge of job responsibility of staff.
- Complete other Housekeeping assignments as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Must have prior Hotel Housekeeping management/Supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible with scheduling availability.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and team members
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Flexible and efficient in resolving problems, communicating and delegating
- Personable and committed to high level of customer service
- Good organizational and communication skills, positive attitude
- Team oriented as well as comfortable working on individual projects
- Basic computer knowledge: ability to print reports, access Hilton online systems and update current room status
- Perform Room Attendant and/or House person duties, as needed
- Participate in daily cleaning as needed including guest rooms and public area
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Group Health Plans: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Vacation and PTO days
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Complimentary meals
See what our employees have to say about being a part of the prestigious Garden City Hotel team. Click here for a brief introduction into some of our many success stories! https://www.gardencityhotel.com/success-stories