Assistant Retail Manager at The Friends of Iolani Palace
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager (ASM)
Reports to: Director of Retail (DOR)
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (Part-Time; 32-35 hours/week)
POSITION SUMMARY The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Retail in the daily business operations of the Palace Shop. The ASM will need to assist guests on a regular basis. From merchandising to correcting pricing mistakes to administering refunds or discounts, The ASM will spend a significant amount of time attending to the guests needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Conducts daily inventory spot checks to prevent internal and external theft;
• Conducts inventory counts quarterly with the DOR to protect company assets and to report any loss of profits and merchandise;
• Coordinates the shipping and delivering of phone orders and online orders; • Displays merchandise effectively to maximize purchasing appeal;
• Enhances the customer’s experience by maintaining a high level of customer service; • Ensures the Palace shop is neat, clean, and organized always;
• Extracts inventory reports to identify top selling items, lowest performing items and to assist with re-ordering product from vendors as needed;
• Interacts with customers daily through suggestive selling and active listening;
• Organizes sales and products demonstrations;
• Performs opening and closing duties as assigned by the Director of Retail;
• Reports any missing or stolen merchandise;
• Responds to feedback from guests and provides immediate recovery solutions as needed;
• Solicits customer feedback and provide strategic direction to continuously improve overall service and ratings;
• Supervises and trains the retail staff, volunteers and/or interns;
• Utilizes sales reporting tools to analyze individual sales performance, forecasting sales and to set daily/weekly/monthly sales targets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in oneon-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. Proficient working knowledge of navigating through Google Chrome.
Other Skills and Abilities Ability to speak, read, and write equivalent to 100 university level any foreign language) language. Ability to use internal phone systems. Ability to use either multipurpose or individual facsimile/photocopier/printer/scanner machine(s). Has comprehensive knowledge of Hawaiian history and culture
The Friends of Iolani Palace
RetailView all jobs at The Friends of Iolani Palace