Meat and Seafood Managers are responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock levels, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards. They will plan, order, prepare cutting lists, and process meat according to the production tools and standards to maximize sales and gross profit. They are also responsible for providing high level guest engagement and satisfaction at all times by answering guest questions regarding services and products offered.
What you will do in a typical day:
- Guest Service is a priority! Greet guests, answer questions in a friendly manner, proactively assist guests with accurate and timely information, make product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Prioritizing department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Direct, manage and assist all functions and activities of the Meat and Seafood Department by:
- Handling, cutting, slicing and preparing a variety of the department’s high quality meat and seafood offerings and convenient meal solutions throughout the day per specific guest requests and to maintain quality product levels as indicated within TFM recipe.
- Helping to reduce losses due to shrink, damage, and pilferage.
- Enforcing and following department practices regarding receiving, stocking, and the unloading deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including but not limited to cases, coolers, freezers and sales floor. follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels.
- Manage order guides, ordering deadlines and holiday ordering guides.
- Following and utilizing the department production tools and perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Manage the team by:
- Properly training them through TFM systems and on-the-job training to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner, as well as to perform their duties with accuracy, minimizing any exposure to loss.
- Providing counselling, coaching of the team independently and in cooperation with other members of store management.
- Creating and managing team schedules, ensuring breaks as required, to satisfy business need.
- Ensuring the retention of team members and minimizing labor costs.
- Maintaining excellent written and verbal communication within the meat and seafood department and store management at all times.
- Train, lead, develop and mentor future leaders for the business.
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising.
- Follow Quality and safety procedures by:
- Receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports.
- Monitoring temperature of cases, spill overs, ovens and storage areas and report any failures to store management. Follow maintenance and sanitation procedures established by TFM for coolers, freezers, and ovens, and report problems to store management.
- Following all company guidelines and procedures to include but not limited to safety and sanitation and preparation while cleaning including disassembling, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils and washing floors, walls, coolers, ovens, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observing all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store management.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending, reaching and exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.