As a key member of the Coffee/Candy/Bulk department, the Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist is responsible for ordering, rotation of product, merchandising, and full presentation of the coffee/candy/bulk department. The Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist works in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include providing excellent guest service, keeping the department clean at all times, answering guest questions regarding services and products offered, sampling products per guest requests and handling special orders. The Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that all coffee, candy, and bulk items are ordered on a weekly basis. Also, the Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist will partner with the Gift/Floral Department as needed, and will be responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the Other Departments to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department/departments and sales floor and follow approved procedures for ordering, packaging of candy and bulk items, rotating of product, and merchandising.
- Ensuring sample coffee pots, creamer, sugar, napkins, stirrers, coffee cups and lids are full and readily available for guests throughout the day.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking the sales floor with products as needed; maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when replenishing stock levels.
- Follow and utilize the planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department as well as duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Conducts weekly cycle counts, resets and department inventories to ensure departmental success.
- Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, and operating equipment in a safe and focused manner. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to date and rotation of product, safety, sanitation and preparation. Prep area cleaning includes rinsing and sanitizing all equipment, coffee bins, coffee grinders, coffee pots, bulk bins and containers, gravity feeders, candy bins and containers, counter space, shelves, display shelves, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Managing Partner/Store Manager. Must wear an apron and non-slip shoes.
Addressing and greeting guests; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
• Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
• Properly handle, rotate, package, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
• Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
• Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
• Have knowledge of products used throughout the store to provide and assist guests in finding complete meal solutions.
• Have knowledge of products within the Coffee/Candy, Bulk and other departments to accommodate guest requests to provide excellent guest service.
Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and guests.
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
• Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
• LOVE food
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Superior guest focus
• Be a team player, goal-oriented
• Excellent time management
• Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
Work involves continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
• Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 70 pounds occasionally
• Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
• Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours